Mileage vs time for parts replacements

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
No, that would be impossible for me to investigate. Just trying to be helpful. Don't buy them if you have that concern.

Let me rephrase so that it doesn't feel like I am somehow impugning your character (that was not my intent):

I have been reading about counterfeit filters for other cars, specifically GT500's. Due to this, I might be worried that an eBay purchase or even an Amazon 3rd party purchase (where one owner bought his fake oil filter) may not provide you with an authentic Motorcraft filter.

Reactions: Johntpr

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I’ve pretty much stopped buying crap from Amazon. If the Amazon page doesn’t say where it’s made, then it’s from China. I’ve discussed in other threads the problems with car parts from China. So I only buy brands that I trust, and usually directly from the website of the seller. Or I buy locally.

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Amazon is always my last resort

The filters I got from Advance/Carquest (No. 42572) were explicitly labeled "Made in USA" on each filter.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Good move.

For a lot of reasons.

Reactions: roketman

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
The filters I got from Advance/Carquest (No. 42572) were explicitly labeled "Made in USA" on each filter.
Isn't Usa a town in China? lol