Mercedes SL 65 Black Series

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
670HP , 1200NM torque curtailed to 1000NM.Interesting video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76DgyurNwVc

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Read where MB is calling this their new supercar. I wish MB would cut AMG loose to build a true ultra light version of ANYTHING with that new V8 in it.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
nice video. Finally a driver that is driving fast and not drifting for "show".

I have the E 63 and love the new v8. I think that engine could have even more impressive numbers if you wanted to push it more.

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
Read where MB is calling this their new supercar. I wish MB would cut AMG loose to build a true ultra light version of ANYTHING with that new V8 in it.

AMG is building a lightweight mid engine gullwing with the 6.3 l V8.The car is allready testing.It is a new AMG only development.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
AMG is building a lightweight mid engine gullwing with the 6.3 l V8.The car is allready testing.It is a new AMG only development.

you have anything on that? can't find anything but the "teaser" about it on the net. :thumbsdow

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
I know someone in AMG.Have asked for details and will post as soon as I have them.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
you have anything on that? can't find anything but the "teaser" about it on the net. :thumbsdow

Just go online and type into Google, Mercedes SLC concept. You'll read stories about it being tested. One of the mules they are using has Dodge Viper bodywork, but the chassis and engine are the new car. :cheers

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Just go online and type into Google, Mercedes SLC concept. You'll read stories about it being tested. One of the mules they are using has Dodge Viper bodywork, but the chassis and engine are the new car. :cheers

yeah, saw that ... but still no "real" specs yet.

FordGT4fun

nice video, nice car and of course great private track, its the Mas du Clos track in France if i´m right.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Unfortunately the SLC will still be quite a heavy car.

I am eagerly waiting for the next McLaren. Supposedly a car to go against the likes of the Gallardo, F430 etc. with a tweaked 6.2 AMG V8....