Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
I have been getting increasingly interested in the MB SLS-AMG Coupe. Last of the big MB normally aspirited V8 engines that harkens back to the glory days of the 300SL gullwing days. I see a lot of similarity with our FGTs as modern interpretation of a glorious race derived car that swept many races a decade before the GT40. Production numbers, at least for the coupe are also similar to the FGT figures. Like everything else they have gone up in price over the last couple of years. I really like the way they drive, look and sound. Kinda complements the FGT in many ways. Sometimes we lose objectivity when we fall in love, so looking for some cold objective opinions on the base 2011-2012 SLS as a companion to the FGT. Given limited funds, space, and time I'd have to sell my Ferrari 550 Maranello, which I also like a lot to get the SLS.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Here's some discussion on this forum https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/mercedes-sls-amg.37803/

I bid on one but didn't win. I'm sure I would've enjoyed it, but I ended up getting a 2nd FGT instead ... and, as they say, some things work out for a reason.

Reactions: 2112