Mecum Anaheim CA

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
2005 white/blue stripe, all four options, 7 mile sold for $340k + 8%. 2005 red stripe delete 10k miles sold for $250k + 8%.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
With values heading north, does it now make more sense to insure with an actual cash value policy instead of an agreed value policy?

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
With values heading north, does it now make more sense to insure with an actual cash value policy instead of an agreed value policy?

I would say yes. I did claims for State Farm 10 years before coming to Ford and I have been a licensed agent for the last 12-13 years. In my experience, ACV claims are based on several factors including mileage, options, and condition for a particular model of veh but base values are based on the most recent auction values, book values (kbb, black book, Nada, etc), and private/retail sales. If you have an agreed upon value, it may be wise to increase it to reflect the current price appreciation or go with ACV.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Wow!

$250K+on a 10K mi car....is this the stripe delete premium?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Wow!

$250K+on a 10K mi car....is this the stripe delete premium?

IMO stripe premium only on a black FGT.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I would say yes. I did claims for State Farm 10 years before coming to Ford and I have been a licensed agent for the last 12-13 years. In my experience, ACV claims are based on several factors including mileage, options, and condition for a particular model of veh but base values are based on the most recent auction values, book values (kbb, black book, Nada, etc), and private/retail sales. If you have an agreed upon value, it may be wise to increase it to reflect the current price appreciation or go with ACV.

And Ironically, at this juncture anyway, ACV is a lower premium. I guess that will change, but it kind of puts the ball in the insurance company's court on value. If you have agreed, it is up to you to keep upping it as the market rises.

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
2006 Heritage with 5,718 miles got $375k + 8%.

tonyt

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2014
Malibu, California
Even the replica GT40 got 100k plus 8%!!!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
$250K/10k miles red NS, $375K/5700 mile Heritage?!?!? Dayum, that's some heavy dough!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
And Ironically, at this juncture anyway, ACV is a lower premium.

Isn't that generally true? In my limited experience, ACV is WAAYYYY lower than agreed, which also comes with mileage limits.

Just don't T-bone a pickup truck, as this Porsche did here in Sarasota yesterday.

tbone.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Isn't that generally true? In my limited experience, ACV is WAAYYYY lower than agreed, which also comes with mileage limits.

Hence the irony. How often is your most inexpensive policy going to be the better one? :cool