MATECH 61 comes home to TX....

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
After years of dancing with Lance, the opportunity and timing aligned for me to own one of the coveted GT1 cars, specifically Matech #61. Greg and Lance have been true gentleman and I can honestly call them friends at this point. Im honored to join the club. Lance is super excited to have another US based GT1 buddy keep this masterpiece where is belongs, in the hands of the forum members. I have not received the car yet, so pics to come, but I did receive some memorabilia from Steve Nesta, including this awesome etched glass with the forum members who contributed to the Matech program. To that group, I thank you for making the team and GT1 cars possible.

Cheers,
Cavan

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1261.GIF
    IMG_1261.GIF
    8.2 MB · Views: 3

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thats awesome! Congrats.

Reactions: extrap and daytrayd

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Cavan,

As you know I’m the #1 Matech cheerleader, although it appears you’re damn close (maybe we can race for it? Haha). The car you purchased is the brother to my Matech #60, we’ll need to get them together sometime in the near future.

Greg just did an extensive refresh to #61 and the car is ready for the track. I’m not only grateful the car is staying in the USA but thankful such a great person owns it! Glad such an legendary car found an amazing owner that understands the history these cars have paved. My sincere congrats on scoring a rare and astonishing slice of Ford GT racing history!

The COTA visitors will be in for a surprise soon! Boy, do these cars sound good as your ripping down the straights... can’t wait to see some videos and pics in the near future!

Congratulations on your recent purchase, enjoy it in good health.

Life is good,

Lance

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Congratulations Cavan.

Reactions: daytrayd

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
After years of dancing with Lance, the opportunity and timing aligned for me to own one of the coveted GT1 cars, specifically Matech #61. Greg and Lance have been true gentleman and I can honestly call them friends at this point. Im honored to join the club. Lance is super excited to have another US based GT1 buddy keep this masterpiece where is belongs, in the hands of the forum members. I have not received the car yet, so pics to come, but I did receive some memorabilia from Steve Nesta, including this awesome etched glass with the forum members who contributed to the Matech program. To that group, I thank you for making the team and GT1 cars possible.

Cheers,
Cavan
Very very COOL! Congratulations mate!

Reactions: daytrayd

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Took 61 out to cota last weekend. It was very well received from the paddock and lots of people knew what it was, surprisingly. I mostly drove the mk2 but got a couple sessions in the matech. I wasn’t comfortable with the trans and need more time, but it was fast and fun!

As they say, pics or it didn’t happen: