Making some steam!

TORQJNKY

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2013
Chesapeake VA
Finally got the car tuned for the new TT build and back home. It's been a year long project and I can't wait to finally put some miles on it with good set of tires :). Plan is to do some half mile racing and maybe the Texas Mile one day.

This final pull was 26psi using E85 Ignite. Below is SAE.

1639673943019.png

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Wow! :cool: 🤘

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Does somebody make that exhaust exit or do I have to make my own?

TORQJNKY

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2013
Chesapeake VA
Does somebody make that exhaust exit or do I have to make my own?

That's a custom Titanium top exit exhaust I had fabricated. I do have my old top exit set up that I will probably sell. It was custom done by Discovery Automotive (Shadowman) and would require some custom made rear grills and license plate relocation. I can get some pictures if interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: GT@50

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Finally got the car tuned for the new TT build and back home. It's been a year long project and I can't wait to finally put some miles on it with good set of tires :). Plan is to do some half mile racing and maybe the Texas Mile one day.

This final pull was 26psi using E85 Ignite. Below is SAE.

View attachment 65162

Love it! Congratulations

Reactions: TORQJNKY

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Did you find any of Heidi's makeup under the seat?

TORQJNKY

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2013
Chesapeake VA
Did you find any of Heidi's makeup under the seat?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: roketman

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
You removed your gutted OEM cats and the Discovery top exit exhaust for a titanium exhaust in this new BONKERS set up.....what do you run now in the cat location.
Are Borla (used to make them) the only company that has a more "open/loud" cats?
Do you just cut a door in the cats and dig away to remove honeycomb?

Stuart

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
[/QUOT
Good one Frank I like that it was a good laugh

TORQJNKY

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2013
Chesapeake VA
You removed your gutted OEM cats and the Discovery top exit exhaust for a titanium exhaust in this new BONKERS set up.....what do you run now in the cat location.
Are Borla (used to make them) the only company that has a more "open/loud" cats?
Do you just cut a door in the cats and dig away to remove honeycomb?

Stuart
Hey Stuart,

No mufflers or cats. The Ti exhaust is from the turbo exhaust side straight out the back. It actually doesn't sound much different because the turbos act somewhat as a muffler. The cats that were on the car looked to be some type of hi flow cat that had the internals honeycomb cleaned out. It was straight through and was probably there just for the visual.