Major Changes at Grundy Insurance

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
Thought I would pass this along to any GT or Collector Car owners on the forum. Grundy announced last week that Philadelphia Insurance (that is their underwriter) has taken day to day control over for the collector car operations. From what we gather Philadelphia bought this book of collector car business from Grundy about 5 years ago and continued to have Grundy administer and sell policies for them. For specific unknown reasons to me - they released the following last week.

Please note:

As of October 20, 2011, Philadelphia Insurance (PHLY) has assumed administrative responsibilities of policies previously issued under the name "Grundy Worldwide" in all states EXCEPT Massachusetts and South Carolina.

In 48 states, PHLY has imposed a "non-compete" on Grundy Insurance at the current time, which prohibits us from writing new Collector-Car-Only policies. We hope that in the future, the non-compete is reversed, rescinded or expired.

So if you have a current Grundy policy, you would be contacting PHLY for service, etc. If you want a quote from Grundy as of present, they can only write it as part of a package auto policy (meaning you have to do your standard auto, collector car, etc). Not great given many of you have your home insurance tied to your auto for discount purposes.

I have my assumptions as to what has happened with the relationship between Grundy and PHLY, however, this is not TMZ and I am not looking to start the rumor mill.

As always I am here to help if you need it should that need arise. Have a good weekend all!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I have Grundy/Philly insurance for my 70 BOSS 302.
My policy is up next month and I've had to make three calls now to get another quote on a lower valuation. As of today, still no call.
Unreal.
Drew, I went on your site and punched in the data for an on line quote, who should I give a call to in your office?
Thanks.

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Drew. I am embarrassed . I still need to get with you on my Heritage

and 92 Viper. Terry

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
My findings for both the GT and the 40 were that Grundy could not come close to Classic.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I am with Classic as well and feel well protected that I actually deal with a FGT owner when questions arise.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Drew / Classic have been great. I've had a policy with them for my third year, and have had nothing but excellent service / results from them. Including repairs from my wifes first kill hunting with the Honda Oddessy:frown

DSCN6476.jpg

DSCN6581.jpg

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
Rick - That second picture is hilarious. Thanks for your continued business!