Lowering seat for helmet clearance

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I took my driver seat apart and shaved some of the foam to make room for my helmet which was hitting the roof.

A084AA37-5461-4CD7-A0B7-19BBEE5B181D.jpeg6DC53C06-B316-4D72-94FE-FB6EC97B66D9.jpeg

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Any issues with the leather fitting after you put it back together? How is the look and feel after the foam reduction?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Spartan, ByeEnzo and I offer an orthopedic surgery solution by shortening your legs. It is much easier than what you are doing. Let me know if you want details. It can be performed in your home and you will be laid up for 6 weeks.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Any issues with the leather fitting after you put it back together? How is the look and feel after the foam reduction?

I’m not able to tell the difference from the top view. I haven’t installed the seat yet to see how much additional head clearance I accomplished.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Spartan, ByeEnzo and I offer an orthopedic surgery solution by shortening your legs. It is much easier than what you are doing. Let me know if you want details. It can be performed in your home and you will be laid up for 6 weeks.
Unfortunately my legs are not too long it’s my neck. 😁

I think that may require a little bit more work on your part and recuperation may be longer than six weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWZ
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
When I bought my car a few years back I had the selling dealer modify the drivers seat to accommodate my 6'1" frame. When I sit in the passenger seat my head is jammed up against the head liner (I only sit in the passenger seat to compare the passenger seat vs the drivers seat height. Never would I actually be a passenger while someone else drove :LOL: )
I have a decent amount of head room clearance with my modified drivers seat and it looks 100% stock.

QSS

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
(Never would I actually be a passenger while someone else drove :LOL: )

🍻

Reactions: QuickSilverShelby