Looking for Tungsten FGT

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
Hi all,

Funny that 2 of us would post similar interest in a Tungsten FGT within a few minutes of each other. My only need is that the car has not been re-painted anywhere on the body. I have no problem with patina or mileage. I just don't want to take a chance that the car was previously wrecked or is a flood car or rebuilt car.

Thanks for any leads. I used to race a Porsche and have a '67 911S but would love to get a FGT.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I was wondering about the two different screen names. Somebody that's selling a Tungsten GT is gonna get a good deal. Good luck to you both, you won't regret the purchase.

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
Thank you very much GT@50. It's hard to contain my excitement and I am looking forward to joining this community. Reading a lot of the posts by the members has been very instructive and helpful.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Welcome 🍻 I have no knowledge of any of these cars' histories:

Here's a 6,200-mile tungsten for $309K in Modesto CA https://www.cammisa.net/used/Ford/2006-Ford-GT-153b9df50a0e0adf56634e937ada33fa.htm

Here's a 2,975-mile tungsten for $300K in MO https://www.ozarkautosales.com/vehi...6-speed-manual-used-coupe-farmington-mo.shtml

Not quite tungsten but a silver '05: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-ford-gt-19/

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So as you can see, they're out there. You just have to decide how much work you want to put in to verifying it (them).

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
Thanks Guys, there are stories on the 2 Tungstens. The Ozark one is a very interesting story. Dinosgt and I have been comparing notes on what we have found. Some pretty funny stories. Thanks for the leads. I keep my eye on eBay, auto trader, cars, ford gt forum, the known dealerships that sell the Ford GT (elite, BJ motors, Desneux, American Supercars), BaT. I know something interesting will turn up. Sometimes I think silver looks better than Tungsten, but usually my desire drifts back to Tungsten. I appreciate all the advice.

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Ad and “Dealer notes“ for the Cammisa car don’t even mention that it has a Whipple (where’s the original S.C.?). Likely aftermarket exhaust. Has the short shifter and aluminum bezel, hot buttons and headrest pass through aluminum replacement. I like those interior additions. But clearly they know nothing about the car there.

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
There's a white one at Galpin. I asked myself why do they want so much money for it. They did not even mention that the VIN shows it is the 7th production car for 2005. You would think they would make a big deal of that in the ad. Not even mentioned. Funny.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Thanks Guys, there are stories on the 2 Tungstens. The Ozark one is a very interesting story. Dinosgt and I have been comparing notes on what we have found. Some pretty funny stories. Thanks for the leads. I keep my eye on eBay, auto trader, cars, ford gt forum, the known dealerships that sell the Ford GT (elite, BJ motors, Desneux, American Supercars), BaT. I know something interesting will turn up. Sometimes I think silver looks better than Tungsten, but usually my desire drifts back to Tungsten. I appreciate all the advice.

Would enjoy knowing the stories, if you care to.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ad and “Dealer notes“ for the Cammisa car don’t even mention that it has a Whipple (where’s the original S.C.?). Likely aftermarket exhaust. Has the short shifter and aluminum bezel, hot buttons and headrest pass through aluminum replacement. I like those interior additions. But clearly they know nothing about the car there.

Yeah, I think the hot buttons and headrest pieces are desirable, especially since I suspect(?) they can be removed without damaging the seats(?) If the OEM SC is gone, no bueno in my opinion. The aftermarket exhaust seems desirable to most, but not so easy to put back to stock if you wanted to, especially if the OEM exhaust is gone. Same with the short shifter, although I don't claim to know how easy/hard that is to uninstall and reinstall the OEM, again if it's even included. It also has the non-OEM Bridgestone tires, which seem to be universally favored as superior to the OEM Goodyears, but again ... not stock, if you care about that. If you're gonna actually drive the care, and don't care about originality, this might be a great car, especially if you can get it for closer to $250K-$260K which is closer to where I think it should be. The highest $ cars are ones with zero miles and nobody has ever touched a thing on it. Anything other than that and the price seems to go down. I'm sure this is not new news to anybody here, but apparently I felt like I needed to type it anyway 🤔 😁

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Cammisa GT also has aftermarket suspension, and is lowered. Again, probably desirable, performance-wise, if you're actually gonna drive the car, and desirable looks-wise IMO. Prob not desirable for max sale price if you sell it some day.

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
extrap, I'll pm you with the stories

Reactions: extrap

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
All the mods you mentioned in my opinion are awesome and you would want them or will later want them. To me, really depends if whipple and exhaust and maintenance done properly and by whom. Not that they were done. My car is never going back to stock

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
Newby here and really not too mechanically inclined, more of a driver (used to race cars..Porsche in PCA and spec miata in SCCA) so a lot of this is over my head. I understand pulley and tune on a supercharger which gets you about 100 extra horsepower after substituting a smaller pulley and remapping the computer and no biggie on the engine as it is such a strong engine.
1) Whipple supercharger...can the engine handle this without problem or are there risks (i live at 8000 feet elevation...don't know if that is relevant) and what kind of horsepower bump do we get with a whipple and I am guessing a whipple needs a tune so can't get an emission pass in CA, right? Why is it bad if the OEM supercharger is gone since you have the whipple?

Short shifter would be cool. I would love that.

2)What is an aluminum bezel?
3) what are hot buttons?
4) what is a headrest passthrough aluminum replacement
5) love love to have a lowered car....you guys are getting me excited about this car
6) The autocheck says this car was in a collision which is not that exciting to me. Don't want a collision car and certainly not at $309K

What is this car worth with all the mods and collision on an "Autocheck history"?

Definitely not driving with the original tires on. Ask me how I know. I crashed a Porsche race car on the track using old tires. The crash bent the frame which then became a real PITA taking quite some time to get it finally sorted out. Not smart on my part to cheap out on old tires. Lesson learned. You really want the extra grip with fresh tires to save your butt.

Do aftermarket mods actually bring down the value of the car when selling? Curious.

Thanks for all the schooling. You guys are great.

Graydon

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
All the mods you mentioned in my opinion are awesome and you would want them or will later want them. To me, really depends if whipple and exhaust and maintenance done properly and by whom. Not that they were done. My car is never going back to stock

+1

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Newby here and really not too mechanically inclined, more of a driver (used to race cars..Porsche in PCA and spec miata in SCCA) so a lot of this is over my head. I understand pulley and tune on a supercharger which gets you about 100 extra horsepower after substituting a smaller pulley and remapping the computer and no biggie on the engine as it is such a strong engine.
1) Whipple supercharger...can the engine handle this without problem or are there risks (i live at 8000 feet elevation...don't know if that is relevant) and what kind of horsepower bump do we get with a whipple and I am guessing a whipple needs a tune so can't get an emission pass in CA, right? Why is it bad if the OEM supercharger is gone since you have the whipple?

Short shifter would be cool. I would love that.

2)What is an aluminum bezel?
3) what are hot buttons?
4) what is a headrest passthrough aluminum replacement
5) love love to have a lowered car....you guys are getting me excited about this car
6) The autocheck says this car was in a collision which is not that exciting to me. Don't want a collision car and certainly not at $309K

What is this car worth with all the mods and collision on an "Autocheck history"?

Definitely not driving with the original tires on. Ask me how I know. I crashed a Porsche race car on the track using old tires. The crash bent the frame which then became a real PITA taking quite some time to get it finally sorted out. Not smart on my part to cheap out on old tires. Lesson learned. You really want the extra grip with fresh tires to save your butt.

Do aftermarket mods actually bring down the value of the car when selling? Curious.

Thanks for all the schooling. You guys are great.

Graydon
2. The bezel is the round aluminum piece around the shifter.
3. Hot buttons are the Round aluminum Buttons pressed into the seats to more closely resemble the 60’s GT40
4. Two trapezoidal aluminum inserts in the headrest area.
Compare with a stock GT and you’ll see it all. All easily removes but many of us think they look great.

dinosgt

Aug 29, 2020
2. The bezel is the round aluminum piece around the shifter.
3. Hot buttons are the Round aluminum Buttons pressed into the seats to more closely resemble the 60’s GT40
4. Two trapezoidal aluminum inserts in the headrest area.
Compare with a stock GT and you’ll see it all. All easily removes but many of us think they look great.

This is a great thread gents. I am learning tons about our future ride.

As NMFGT said - we both are in the market and have been comparing notes. I know I speak for both of us when I say thanks for being so helpful. We are both itching to join this club!

Reactions: BSim27

NMFGT

Aug 14, 2020
Santa Fe, NM
Yes, thanks very much guys.
Hey Dino, did you see that a Tungsten came up on eBay today being sold by Celebrity cars in Las Vegas. Free carfax at the Celebrity cars website shows what looks like 4 owners. I would prefer fewer number of owners. They want $319K, low mileage.
Graydon

dinosgt

Aug 29, 2020
Yes, thanks very much guys.
Hey Dino, did you see that a Tungsten came up on eBay today being sold by Celebrity cars in Las Vegas. Free carfax at the Celebrity cars website shows what looks like 4 owners. I would prefer fewer number of owners. They want $319K, low mileage.
Graydon

Yes I did ! Thanks Graydon. I too prefer a tighter ownership - but it may not be a big deal. If the car checks out it probably doesn’t matter.

It looks really clean and the miles are crazy low. it’s a beauty.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

I agree all the listed mods are awesome :cool:(y) I just think there are 2 kinds of buyers/owners: Ones who buy the car to drive it and enjoy it that way and may have little to no thoughts of selling and future value, and ones who won't drive it (or very little) and keep in mind mileage and mods vs resale value. I would imagine one's financial status has some to do with it :) ie can you afford to drive away $50K+ worth of value ...

Last edited: