Looking for left rear CF diffuser

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
I'm looking for a good left-side (driver) section of the rear CF diffuser. I have a spare with a somewhat repairable crack but would rather rivet in a good piece.
Best regards and Happy Holidays,
Bret.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
FYI its not CF, its fiberglass, making it easier to repair. As you likely are aware, not available on its own, so your looking for a "parted out" diffuser. Many here have had success fixing theirs.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Buy a new diffuser/belly pan assembly while you still can get it at all and set it aside for the future. Then replace your cracked one (and the other side) with the Stillen replacements. They are much more forgiving. After doing it I'm not sure I'd want to do a 200mph standing mile run with them but they are fine for every day and track.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Thanks guys. Glass eh, go figure. :) And yes more than likely a parted out piece but I may give repair a shot over the winter.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ive never seen one offered. You will likely find, anyone that has what your looking for, likely trashed one, bought a new entire diffuser, and kept the good extra fin section. For if, they ever did it again, to the other side.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
These have been for sale for a year or so, and they're kinda beat up, but....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2006-Ford-GT-Diffusers/163660576126

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Centerpunch, thanks pal.
That should do it. Sold!
Merry Christmas to all !!!!

...................you Forum guys are marvelous.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Happy to help!