Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
707 Hp. Wicked!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Nice- congrats ! So, you were able to get the satin-black hood, huh? I had heard that there was an issue for a while holding back those orders with a blacked out hood.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
How 'ya like it???

So far its been great... but, picked it up with a 1/2" of snow on the ground, so the first 4 miles were at 10mph... but I took it out yesterday with fairly dry roads. This car is a beast and with the lightest touch of the gas pedal wants to break loose in any gear (summer tires don't help LOL). The 8 speed auto is incredible and I really had a blast with paddle shifting (normally I'm not a fan of them).

Also, it's so large, that you don't realize how fast your traveling until you look at the speedo. At 80mph you seriously feel like its 35...

I can picture that half of these will be totaled within the first 5 years from inexperienced drivers. It's no comparison to a sports car though, its more like a blunt force object.

Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Nice- congrats ! So, you were able to get the satin-black hood, huh? I had heard that there was an issue for a while holding back those orders with a blacked out hood.

Thanks! Yeah there were very few early orders that kept the black hood, do to delays. I wasn't in any hurry so I wouldn't let my dealer remove the option (unlike 90% that ordered it). I heard that under a 100 made it thru and my car sat for two months before Dodge could find a source to paint and install them, they're just being delivered now (some cars sat since October waiting)... I guess its on standby again, but they'll start producing them supposedly in May.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Good for you! I have to believe the HellCat is serious, goofy fun. IMO, the Charger version is craziest sedan ever.

Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Good for you! I have to believe he HellCat is serious, goofy fun. IMO, the Charger version is craziest sedan ever.

Exactly, you can't drive it without smiling, everyone that I've taken for a ride is literally laughing when they get out. Its almost impossible to restrain yourself while driving. :biggrin

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
I really like the looks with the black hood. Definitely separates the regular challenger from the hellcat. Congrats

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Love the 1st pic, the yellow GT in the reflection (nice collection BTW, including other GT hiding in the back corner).

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Love the 1st pic, the yellow GT in the reflection (nice collection BTW, including other GT hiding in the back corner).

Thanks! I have always wanted to add a muscle car to the collection, the Hellcat works nicely, there are still a few more on my bucket list. :wink

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Very cool. How do you like the interior?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Very cool. How do you like the interior?

Its pretty nice considering the price point. I bought my wife a '15 Jeep SRT, and the interior is nearly identical as far as the seats go. Most of the fine points are very nicely done with a soft leather, the dash and upper doors seem to use plastic. Overall, it's a league above cars in the same price point (especially the Camaro ZL1 and Z28 that I saw at the Chicago Auto Show), but definitely not as nice as a Porsche or Mercedes. The Uconnect System and Touchscreen are very top notch.

interior.jpg

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I really like the looks with the black hood. Definitely separates the regular challenger from the hellcat. Congrats

Thanks! I'm glad I waited the extra few months, it definitely looks more sinister with it.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
That interior is really sharp. I opted for the 7-speed auto, too. Ordered mine in Sublime with satin black hood, too. My dealer isn't too optimistic that I will get one before June. I told him that if we don't have confirmation of getting one by June 1st, to cancel my order (at MSRP). To ease my disappointment, I have been working on another mopar- 1967 Hemi GTX. Currently building an all-alloy 572 hemi, that should make 850+ hp on 91 pump.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
That interior is really sharp. I opted for the 7-speed auto, too. Ordered mine in Sublime with satin black hood, too. My dealer isn't too optimistic that I will get one before June. I told him that if we don't have confirmation of getting one by June 1st, to cancel my order (at MSRP). To ease my disappointment, I have been working on another mopar- 1967 Hemi GTX. Currently building an all-alloy 572 hemi, that should make 850+ hp on 91 pump.

Hopefully they will ramp up production and you can pick it up by then (the Sublime is amazing). You won't be disappointed with the Transmission either, I was on the fence when I first ordered it, but after driving my wife's Jeep with the same tranny, I fell in love. Your GTX sounds kick ass, please post pics when she's complete... are you painting it in Sublime to match your Hellcat?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Will do. No, it is green, but a very light, sage green, with a flattening agent in the clear. Really gives it a certain custom look. Almost like the patina of a "survivor" car, but flawless.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Looks like fun! Than again so does your garage!
ENJOY !

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Looks like fun! Than again so does your garage!
ENJOY !

Thanks Roketman! I noticed your '87 Targa in your tag line... I have an '86 M491 Targa, which I love!!!! Man, once you get a Porsche, its hard not to collect a few of them... Spot on cars!!!