Laps at Road America wet

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
A rain or shine fundraiser event . I had a chance to let a pro driver show Me how the wet line works. This guy can drive .

https://youtu.be/kC3I0_847oo

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
A rain or shine fundraiser event . I had a chance to let a pro driver show Me how the wet line works. This guy can drive .

No shit.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Wow, I'm not sure who had bigger huevos taking your GT on track in the rain with a Whipple, you or the pro... :wink

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Wow, I'm not sure who had bigger huevos taking your GT on track in the rain with a Whipple, you or the pro... :wink

At one point he said steady hands through this part. I was thinking I hope you have steady throttle tip in. If you Listen he just gives it enough pedal until it spun. He never really went WOT . Maybe on the straights, We were on the throttle longer then I would have been on a dry track . Impressive skills. On the 166 straight I was hoping my breaks would hold. My tune was pretty aggressive for laps but the car was flawless.

Even in the rain my rears were so sticky and hot I could not understand how that was possible. Guess what rear tires I had on ?

Also

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Which exhaust do you have? Sounded awesome on the video!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
At one point he said steady hands through this part. I was thinking I hope you have steady throttle tip in. If you Listen he just gives it enough pedal until it spun. He never really went WOT . Maybe on the straights, We were on the throttle longer then I would have been on a dry track . Impressive skills. On the 166 straight I was hoping my breaks would hold. My tune was pretty aggressive for laps but the car was flawless.

Even in the rain my rears were so sticky and hot I could not understand how that was possible. Guess what rear tires I had on ?

Also

Amazing what can be done with such power by someone with the right skills, very cool! :thumbsup

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Which exhaust do you have? Sounded awesome on the video!

Stainless work headers and all custom out the back. It’s loud . Race car loud .

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I just looked at the data and we hit the rev limiter 7300 on the front straight and he saw 180s. I figured he was wrong at those speeds looking to the right a nano second before we had to brake. The stock gear graph shows 180s at 7300 on stock tires . Mine might be a hint taller. Do you think the Vbox data could be wrong? It said 166. I know top of forth in my car is over 180. You can hear that we hit the rev limiter the last pass. I should have videoed the speedo but I was holding the phone on my left shoulder so the safety crew would not black flag us again for filming.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Stainless work headers and all custom out the back. It’s loud . Race car loud .

Sounds absolutely fantastic!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You need to do for a ride with Mark Mcgowan!
He should be a pro drifter!
He does rain diving in the dry!
SIDEWAYS ALL THE TIME!