Lambo doors

Teddy

Jan 27, 2019
Ok , new poster here , really appreciate all the great help and advice . I have read several posts about the pros/cons of installing “lambo” doors on the GT. It’s something I’m really considering, a little bit for functionality, but mostly for the exotic appeal, probably wouldn’t consider it on a bone stock car , but mine is heavily modified, Penske susp. / ADV wheels/ fisher exhaust/ 4.5 whipple / taller running gear/lowered about 2 inches. Really only spends her days at car shows and is always a crowd favorite . Car is wonderful to look at, and drive. Was hoping for some feedback from some of you that have used them for a while now and what likes/ dislikes you might have after real world experience. Also, I’m going to assume that Guerin would still be considered the only choice? Thanks in advance for your response.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I can't answer your question but would like to see pics of your GT! (y)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Lots of threads on this. Here's one example;

Use butterfly as your search word and post back what you decide to do.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
It's funny how a few people said using the door is completely different than typical LSdoors. Using the GT door as is is completely different than any other door, at least getting in and out.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
If you do a lot of shows, a fun thing to do is ask people "why do the doors (stock) open that way?'' This results in the conversation about LeMans, drivers on one side of the track, cars on the other, flag drops, the run across and the doors facilitating a quicker entry. Tribute to the original GT40.
Lambo doors...no story. Exotic appeal...I've seen them on PT Cruisers. Who cares.

Reactions: jaxgt

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
One thing to keep in mind, Lamborghini doors are scissor doors (go straight up) while pretty much everything else is a swan door (out and up).

Reactions: viva gt