Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Gutsy hands off also. Great compensation for the torque.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
These accel #s are unbelievable. Reading the various car mags of 0-100 #s shows many quicker now than the GT was in 05-06 with similar or even less power. Makes me wonder if it's all traction control or ringers...

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Amazing performance! Still, I was surprised that the shifts took as long as they did, for a dual-clutch transmission. My GT-Rs shifted much quicker and more seamlessly.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Was that a sanctioned test?
My buddy set the record with Guiness Book in a Venom back in 2013 for 0-300KM

RIP Kiwi

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Was that a sanctioned test?
My buddy set the record with Guiness Book in a Venom back in 2013 for 0-300KM

RIP Kiwi

Good question considering what some on this forum have said about the inaccuracies of the Euro sports cars whose speedos showed significantly higher speeds than the car was actually traveling.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Until proven under a sanctioned event my buddy (Rest in Peace) owns the record with the fine people at HPE.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Yipes!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Who would do donuts in a car about to go 200mph? No helmet? Hands off?
That's a great thing to show the kids,...... Just take your hands off the wheel.......

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The quickness and speed of many of the new cars is becoming boring. Give me something light, small and fun to drive at real world speeds.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
With todays technology its easy to “go fast” But to me its about the experience and involvement you have with the car.
In order to be cutting edge and be competitive you must have the paddles .For me I’m not concerned with the extra half a second I might be faster off the line or around a race track.Its all about the fun of driver car control and the driving expereince .That includes even being able to make a mistake!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Yes Ron, I think most of us are well aware that you like to race around a track and are very good at it. However, you primarily use a heavily modified Porsche for your track car. I would guess that 99 percent of the 4000 FGT owners use their cars for cruising and car shows and occasionally a quick acceleration. I fall in this later category and would have loved to have seen a DCT in the FGT so I could cruise in automatic and still be able to control the shifts when desired. I would also guess that if you were to own the new 2017 FGT, you would not use it as your primary race car.