KITT meet GT500KR

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
KnightRiderMustang.jpg

Our detective work's paid off on yesterday's rumor on the new KITT. Now not only do we have off the record confirmation from the "involved parties" that KITT will lose the GM third generation F-body (and legions of mullet-swinging fans), but also that he'll be moving up a few steps on the horsepower ladder. That's right, everyone's favorite talking car (no, not spelled K-A-R-R) will be played by a black-with-gray-stripes 550 HP Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang in the new Knight Rider TV show. And thanks to a very helpful tipster who's preference is to remain anonymous (we don't blame 'em) we've got the proof to show you -- photos taken from inside of the vehicle build facility out in LA where they're prepping the new Knight Industries 'stang for Cylon-like close-ups. Yes friends, this is the new KI Two Thousand -- who wants to touch it? I said, who wants to touch it? OK, well how about just your two cents? Anybody?

http://jalopnik.com/cars/knight-rid...tv-series-yes-its-a-shelby-gt500kr-327687.php

Last edited:

Omega_man

GT Owner 2005 #248
Mar 19, 2007
S. Florida
Knight rider...I guess they'll did anything up these days. Shows lack of imagination.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Kitt

At present, Ford Motor Co. is in the "free advertisement mode" meaning, if the character of a show is a good guy, they will run to put a Ford product in it. I agree that Mustangs ( or Shelby's in this case) are making a big comeback, almost saturating the Movie market. You should also know, (if you didn't already) that a new movie coming out I AM LEGEND, with Will Smith (dec 14th) will have a Red/white GT500 in the first 20 min of the show, and mostly all ford products (old and new) in the remaining film.( I has something to do with that)

Another film shooting now, DEATHRACE 300, up in Montreal, futuristic story, also has a GT500 as it's hereo car.

Kitt now shooting in LA, has a black KR as it's hero...and 5 cars were made up by a friend of mine in the movie biz. In fact, those hoods you see there were fabricated by him, because Ford did not yet have any. Some of them were also shipped to Shelby in Vegas for observation.

AMERICAN GANGSTER, shows a 66 Shelby H, (my car) in it, while a clone get's blown up.

Is Ford getting the benefit? I would think so. They need to come back strong, and I am sure Mustangs, and Shelby's are helping them out .

Gino

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Another film shooting now, DEATHRACE 300, up in Montreal, futuristic story, also has a GT500 as it's hereo car.

Details? Anything with both "deathrace" and "300" in the title sounds pretty cool :thumbsup

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Details? Anything with both "deathrace" and "300" in the title sounds pretty cool :thumbsup

Correction: That should of said Deathrace 3000...(not 300)

I will get some more info. A friend is the Picture Car Coordinator.

Gino

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
Knight Rider, Death Race 3000, Gone in 60 seconds (2002), etc. It's official, THERE ARE NO NEW IDEAS IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!

I lie awake nights worrying that MGM/SONY/SKG/Dreamworks/Disney, et. all will decide to make.................................................................................................................................................................Bullitt II!!!!:ack

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Knight Rider, Death Race 3000, Gone in 60 seconds (2002), etc. It's official, THERE ARE NO NEW IDEAS IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!

I lie awake nights worrying that MGM/SONY/SKG/Dreamworks/Disney, et. all will decide to make.................................................................................................................................................................Bullitt II!!!!:ack

Sorry to break your bubble......Bullit has been signed..and Frank Bullit is going to be played by Brad Pitt... the only reason production has not started is the ongoing writers strike for the last 5 weeks. As soon as that clears up, (possible by Jan 08) the screenplay will be written... and bullit will be shooting by summer in LA...

Sorry.....

Gino

P.S. The studio is Warner Bros....

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area

and yes, you are right....There Are No New Ideas In Hollywood........

Gino

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
At present, Ford Motor Co. is in the "free advertisement mode" meaning, if the character of a show is a good guy, they will run to put a Ford product in it. I agree that Mustangs ( or Shelby's in this case) are making a big comeback, almost saturating the Movie market. You should also know, (if you didn't already) that a new movie coming out I AM LEGEND, with Will Smith (dec 14th) will have a Red/white GT500 in the first 20 min of the show, and mostly all ford products (old and new) in the remaining film.( I has something to do with that)

Kitt now shooting in LA, has a black KR as it's hero...and 5 cars were made up by a friend of mine in the movie biz. In fact, those hoods you see there were fabricated by him, because Ford did not yet have any. Some of them were also shipped to Shelby in Vegas for observation.

AMERICAN GANGSTER, shows a 66 Shelby H, (my car) in it, while a clone get's blown up.

Is Ford getting the benefit? I would think so. They need to come back strong, and I am sure Mustangs, and Shelby's are helping them out .

Gino

Just saw American Gangster last weekend. I was lusting after your Shelby.

Mad Max

Apr 7, 2006
SE Michigan
The new Challenger is just being released. Does anybody see Vanishing Point redux on the horizion?:bored

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Just saw American Gangster last weekend. I was lusting after your Shelby.

In this photo (at the New York Auto Show) the car looks much better......this car is a survivor...complete original , except tires .

Attachments

• Shelby-Hertz-2-thumb.jpg
    Shelby-Hertz-2-thumb.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,460

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
Sorry to break your bubble......Bullit has been signed..and Frank Bullit is going to be played by Brad Pitt...

Dear God,

Shoot me now!!!!!!!

I see scene 12, shot 2 "Frank Bullitt walks to his nightstand, he pauses.......(shot zooms to his hand) then he slowly picks up a bottle...........he applies a light coat of moisturizer and then finishes with an SPF 30 bronzer/toner (Bullit looks approvingly into mirror). Checking his S&W "Ladies Special", he walks downstairs to his Mustang (shot pulls out to wide), a "Warriors in Pink" convertible with double-dubs and puts his Jewel CD into the changer"
:ack

Please tell me Bogart isn't dead........................

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
In this photo (at the New York Auto Show) the car looks much better......this car is a survivor...complete original , except tires .

Suuuweeet! Thanks for the pix. Give us a little history on the car - how long have you owned, how many miles, how often do you drive....

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Suuuweeet! Thanks for the pix. Give us a little history on the car - how long have you owned, how many miles, how often do you drive....

How I purchased this car happens to be very funny I think.

While at a Doc.s office, waiting for a checkup, I picked up a magazine. In it was a FOR SALE ad, with a pict of a 66 shelby. As I was called into the doc's office, I took the page with the ad, and stuffed it in my pocket.

A few weeks later I happen to wear that same jacket, and pulled out the ad. I called the guy (car was in Lexington KY) and asked about the car for sale.
The guy on the other end proceeds to tell me that the ad was 2 years old, and yes, he still had the car, and just decided that day to run another ad, as his business was faultering, and needed to sell either one. I said eitheir one? What else you got? He went on to tell me he had a 68 500KR triple black. He needed to sell one, he didn't really care which.

I packed up my trailer, and left the following week headed for Kentucky.

When I got there, and looked at both cars, I couldn't make up my mind which i wanted, since purchasing a 68 KR brand new in 68, I was thorn between both cars, but, the 66H was a NYC rental, and had a tun of paperwork from day one when it was delivered to Larsen Ford, for the Hertz fleet in NYC.

Being a survivor, I leaned towards the 66H. After making the deal, paid for the car, and was on my way back to NY.

I later found out that this car, 1886, was in numerous magazines, and was very well known to the SAAC ppl. The car at that time had 19,371 miles on it. That was april 1999.

I try to drive the car as much as I can. I have 21,320 miles on it, and it is a blast everytime I take it out. The car has original hoses, belts, brakes,plugs, points, cap,rotor,complete interior, all original paint, matching number eng. n Trans. Still has all markings on fenders and under the car.

In most cases, at any show I have taken it to, ppl think it's restored...they do get surprised when I tell them it is not.
This car is my pride and joy,next to my FGT.

You should know that 1886 was also in the movie War Of The Words. Tom Cruise drives it in the first minutes of the movie, and I can tell you...he drove it!!! The pict you saw is when the new 2006 Hertz rental was introduced at the 2006 NY Auto Show...compliments of Carrol Shelby Himself.

Gino

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Gino, that is an absolutely great story. Many thanks for sharing.

2,000 miles in nearly 9 years is not nearly enough seat time in 1886, especially with others driving it such as Tom Cruise. Incidentally, I believe that's a typo in the movie's title. War of the Words, on the other hand, was TC's appearance in a talk show or two about Scientology, his sexuality and Katie Holmes.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Correction: That should of said Deathrace 3000...(not 300)

I will get some more info. A friend is the Picture Car Coordinator.

Gino

Gino,
My buddy Spiro was 2nd unit director on Deathrace... talked to him yesterday and they just finished editing it this week I was told.. Not sure who the Stunt coord is on the new Knight rider but will find out sooner or later..

Merry X-mas.

TM

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
oh, and loved your story on the 66H

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Gino,
My buddy Spiro was 2nd unit director on Deathrace... talked to him yesterday and they just finished editing it this week I was told.. Not sure who the Stunt coord is on the new Knight rider but will find out sooner or later..

Merry X-mas.

TM

Tim,

I believe I have met Spiro in the past, somewhere on some movie in NY. Car wise I know they were having some trouble, but finally they sorted them out, as it always happens. I believe there were at least 3 Pic Car Coord;s on that job. A friend, Dave from LA was the wrench on it, and I am still waiting for some inside pictures from him. They said the GT500 looks really cool.

I just started gathering cars for the remake of "The taking of pelham 1 2 3", which we start in late Feb, NYC. The stunt coordinator is Chuck Pacierni, a real sweetheart, from LA. I worked with him again in Nov on a chase commercial. I'm sure lot's of guys from LA will be coming. After reading the script, I can't begin to tell you of the crashes involved. Tony Scott directing.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas, and a prosperous New Year in 2008...just keep those residuals coming bud...lol

Gino

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

Gino

Brilliant work Gino! Merry Christmas from the Cantwells!

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Special holidays for spec people.

I want to wish you and family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year from myself and Linda. Thinking of the rally III, and anticipating meeting all of you there again. Now, what do we do to make it get here faster? lol

May your wishes come true for 2008...you are a class act Tim.....

Gino