Kill stories

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
IMHO - If you want to avoid trouble on this site, I suggest not allowing Kill or street racing stories. It doesn't take long for some other group of performance vehicle owners to feel the need to "defend" their ride. It can get nasty. Just ask the folks over at CorvetteForum or Z06vette.

It is also not out of the realm of possibilities that authorities read these posts and might take action on their own.

My personal feeling is take it to the track.

Last edited:

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
VPC said:
IMHO - If you want to avoid trouble on this site, I suggest not allowing Kill or street racing stories. It doesn't take long for some other group of performance vehicle owners to feel the need to "defend" their ride. It can get nasty. Just ask the folks over at CorvetteForum or Z06vette.

It is also not out of the realm of possibilities that authorities read these posts and might take action on their own.

My personal feeling is take it to the track.

no problem they would make the kill stories section GT Owner posting only and ban anyone that starts trouble.

:cheers

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
FordGTGuy said:
no problem they would make the kill stories section GT Owner posting only and ban anyone that starts trouble.

:cheers

:thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This is the most civil and enjoyable forum I participate in by far. Maybe because the site is new, maybe DBK weeds out the bad stuff, or maybe it is because the GT attracts a different crowd. I for one truly hope it stays how it is; a cut above the rest. :thumbsup

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
totally agree with VPC, we don't need that morbid/depressign stuff here

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
LEMANSZ said:
totally agree with VPC, we don't need that morbid/depressign stuff here

nothing dpressing about a story of a Ford GT owning a C6 Z06 though :rofl

kdmfnrk

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2005
i dont know??????? stories are great and nothing like a good street race story what happen to freedom of speech you would think the MAN has better things to do than sit and read our stories . that may or may not be true im sure we all add a little to it each time. i was going to say i dont condone street racing but i do i love a good street race at the right time. if there is a right time . [my opinion] and im not looking to piss any one off just voicing my opinion im not looking for anyone to ever get hurt but if we had no great stories to tell like our fathers did we wouldnt be driving these cars or for that any other car .we drive these because of the love for cars and the speed... think back to the first time your dad smoked the tires and how much you enjoyed it

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
kdmfnrk said:
i dont know??????? stories are great and nothing like a good street race story what happen to freedom of speech you would think the MAN has better things to do than sit and read our stories . that may or may not be true im sure we all add a little to it each time. i was going to say i dont condone street racing but i do i love a good street race at the right time. if there is a right time . [my opinion] and im not looking to piss any one off just voicing my opinion im not looking for anyone to ever get hurt but if we had no great stories to tell like our fathers did we wouldnt be driving these cars or for that any other car .we drive these because of the love for cars and the speed... think back to the first time your dad smoked the tires and how much you enjoyed it

I NEVER BREAK THE LAW, I will not be posting anything that could be used against me in anyway. Trust me, in a lawsuit, these forums are often times checked. Just my 2 cents, I have way to much to loose. Sorry to be a wet sheet, kill joy.

However, go ahead and post, I will sit back, have a cold one, and enjoy the stories.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Florida Chris said:
This is the most civil and enjoyable forum I participate in by far. Maybe because the site is new, maybe DBK weeds out the bad stuff, or maybe it is because the GT attracts a different crowd. I for one truly hope it stays how it is; a cut above the rest. :thumbsup

Chris,
fully agree... it is one of the few forums I come back and feel part of ! I don't think DBK weeds out anything, but rather that The GT attracts a different crowd.

Well said ! :thumbsup

stefan

kdmfnrk

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2005
i keep reading this site attracks a different crowd i dont understand that what is different than the shelby forum or the prowler forum it seems to me were all here for the same thing or on the other sites for the same thing .to gain knowledge about our cars or to find out if there are any major problems or just for run . or just to meet some new friends and go for a ride shoot the sh-t what is different ???? i would think to own what we do most would be making six figures doctors lawers what ????? nothing in my life has changed since i got the gt i have 2 prowlers and ssr i dont consider them any less than the gt . they cost a few thousand less but are treated the same . so is it a different crowd like a rich crowd ???????????????? hell im not rich just crazy take to many chances owe to much im not ahead of the game but working on it as long as i keep buying these cars i dont think ill ever be ahead but i love cars and buy somthing new all most every six months and now i want a water view lot and just the lot is 1.5 mil no house and ive only been in my house for 6 months

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
On kill stories: I'm all for taking it to the track. It's the safest and most fun way to use your car's full potential. But if you've stretched your cars legs in a safe manner in friendly street competition, feel free to tell about it. Whether or not we talk about it, it's going to happen.

If you post "I was driving 135 in a school zone racing this Hayabusa doing a wheelie", you're a reckless idiot, and the post will probably be locked before you can say "jail time".

On the crowd: We really haven't had any weeding out to do, and I truly do think the GT draws a different kind of crowd. It has nothing to do with money really. I just think people willing to buy a 160k mid-engine Ford are perhaps more apt to enjoy some of the finer things in the automotive world with less pretense than you'd find in say, the Ferrari world. Of course there are just as many die-hard fun-loving Prancing Horse fanatics (and rightfully so), but the GT draws from a truly unique cross-section of auto enthusiasts... :cheers

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I'm not concerned about the police trying to use comments here as proof of me speeding. I could always claim I was bragging ;-)

However, it is important not to post your phone number or address publicly, and be careful who you give what info privatly too.

When I do the registry I'll set it up so owners can vouch for each other and those that we all feel are for real can have access to extra info.

I can vouch for Manny, met him and his GT ;-) I also met MOD at the Ford Dealer, he doesn't have a GT, but he helps us keep them running strong ;-)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
:biggrin If you think you have any privacy on a forum, I have an island for sale cheap, they grow great tobbaco there, it is called Cuba :biggrin I am with you, I have no worries either :biggrin
Daniel Bonyhadi

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Man, I've already got neighbor kids bringing their friends over to peek in the garage windows, all I need is the whole city visiting and calling.

To each his own.