Just released...

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
You may be interested in our new "Mono blade" throttle body. Bigger is not always better but if you are overdriving your blower or using one of the larger aftermarket blowers, this may be just the ticket for you.

The new Mono Blade TB flows about 23% more air than our dual 75mm TB, and was developed for the new, bigger superchargers avaialble for the GT's.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Yes

Yes, please, add us to the list. As we have already discussed this should go quite well with what we are working on.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
what about using this with a SC/TT setup?

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
what about using this with a SC/TT setup?

I would say that if you are running a twin turbo set up, our dual blade throttle body would probably be more than enough, unless it was a pure race only vehicle. Blowing through a throttle body does not have the same drawbacks as "sucking through" the throttle body. The draw through superchargers really need a huge air flow capacity.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Suggestion (if you have not done so allready) Get one to Torrie and have him run some dyno numbers on it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
yes I would be interested to find out what hp gains are before and after the swap with the dual blade Accufab throttle body on a whipple car!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
pictures ??

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

The OEM throttle body on the GT flows 1590 cfm (naturally aspirated). Our dual 75mm throttle body flows 1807 cfm, and our new mono blade throttle body flows 2090 cfm. All on the same flowbench.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice !!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Suggestion (if you have not done so allready) Get one to Torrie and have him run some dyno numbers on it.

I can guarantee you John has this already handled in house.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I can guarantee you John has this already handled in house.

And John those numbers would be????

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And so, is there any benefit to stock cars other than it looks nice and shiney?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
And so, is there any benefit to stock cars other than it looks nice and shiney?

That is reason enough for me! :biggrin

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
This looks like it would go great with the 4.0 Whipple I have for sale...:thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
John aka Accufab called me today and I will have the to be released version in my facility in a day or two for some testing..... exciting.

IMO this looks to be another wonderful offering from John and his team

Takes care

Shadowman

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
That single blade design should flow much smother through the blower & inter-cooler one would think. Nice Idea.:thumbsup What about the air box restriction though? Is anyone working on a larger one yet.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I would say I should probably order one immediately, since my car is still in the tuning stage for the 4.0 Whipple. Are they shipping right now?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Big single blade would be more prone to idle issues. Do you guys test the flow at 0% throttle? Also, would love to see one in a black finish or even factory silver. I'm not big on the bling.

SAGT

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2009
Also, would love to see one in a black finish or even factory silver. I'm not big on the bling.

I would second that request.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
yes I would be interested to find out what hp gains are before and after the swap with the dual blade Accufab throttle body on a whipple car!

+1