It's Finally Here

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Beautiful car - there is nothing like owning a Ford GT!!!!
Congratulations and enjoy!

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Congratulations and I bet there were some sleepless nights wondering about the shipping. I'm sure your Dad would be very happy for you and your son. Enjoy!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Great! 👍 :cool:

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Congratulations! Enjoy the ride!

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Welcome to the family of GT lovers

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
congratulations, the first few days of ownership are so exciting, first few drives even better!!

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
congratulations, the first few days of ownership are so exciting, first few drives even better!!

Haha, more like the first few drives are terrifying because of the high HP, RWD, and no safety nets.

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN
Beautiful car - there is nothing like owning a Ford GT!!!!
Congratulations and enjoy!
Thank you very much!

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN
Congratulations and I bet there were some sleepless nights wondering about the shipping. I'm sure your Dad would be very happy for you and your son. Enjoy!
You bet there were sleepless nights, especially since the timing was just right for customs to shut down right when the car arrived in New York over Christmas/New Years and I was told it would be sitting for 3 weeks in a random warehouse in New York. My children are already excited about it. My son was 2 1/2 (he is now 5 1/2) when my father passed away. We moved to Switzerland and spent the last 6 months of his life with him. I drove the car around Zurich with my son during that time, and when it showed up, he immediately recognized and remembered that time we had in it together. Any time we took it for a spin, he would run to my dad with huge eyes when we returned and talk about "Opa's cool car." It's a special thing to me, that's for sure. Don't know if I could ever part with it, but on the other hand it doesn't feel like "mine," it's definitely dad's car, which is very strange.

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN
Thank you!

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN
Congratulations! Enjoy the ride!
Thank you very much.

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN
Welcome to the family of GT lovers
Thank you!

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN
Thank you. I'm very much looking forward to better weather here in MN. It's going to be a while before I get to take it for a drive.

Hirschy

Nov 11, 2021
Orono, MN
Haha, more like the first few drives are terrifying because of the high HP, RWD, and no safety nets.
I've put at least half of the miles on this car, so am quite familiar with it. That and I've owned significantly scarier cars. This one scares me more in the sense that I've never owned a vehicle with greater sentimental value. All things are technically replaceable, but holding the same steering wheel, and shifting the same gears my dad did really are not.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
You bet there were sleepless nights, especially since the timing was just right for customs to shut down right when the car arrived in New York over Christmas/New Years and I was told it would be sitting for 3 weeks in a random warehouse in New York. My children are already excited about it. My son was 2 1/2 (he is now 5 1/2) when my father passed away. We moved to Switzerland and spent the last 6 months of his life with him. I drove the car around Zurich with my son during that time, and when it showed up, he immediately recognized and remembered that time we had in it together. Any time we took it for a spin, he would run to my dad with huge eyes when we returned and talk about "Opa's cool car." It's a special thing to me, that's for sure. Don't know if I could ever part with it, but on the other hand it doesn't feel like "mine," it's definitely dad's car, which is very strange.
Well, that makes you the caretaker of your dad’s car, and someday your son will have that honor, then hopefully his son. My son already has plans for my car, and I’m not anywhere close to dead yet! (I hope)

Reactions: 2112

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

If was terrified of something, it would be the other drivers on the road.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congrats! Classic color combo. Looks great.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Excellent !! Congratulations!
It is a timeless beauty

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Enjoy!
Get seat time.