Is the ACR worth it?

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I just got my 2008 Viper SRT10 Convertible and I am so impressed with the new engineering, I have been absolutely obsessed with the thought of adding yet a third Viper to the collection. I have a solid line on three red and black cars, all exactly the same. I can get any one of them for about $2,000 to $4,000 under MSRP. I am seriously considering buying one. Or should I order a 2009? With the talks going on at Dodge about the brand, the '09 may be worth more some day. Thoughts?:confused

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"A bird in the hand is better than ..............")

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I love mine. If you are going to track it, then it is definately worth it. If not, just stick with the SRT10. Mine will be at SEMA this year. :banana

15-1.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats Roc, are you coming to the Sema dinner? Will you be bringing your beach bunny? :)

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I love mine. If you are going to track it, then it is definately worth it. If not, just stick with the SRT10. Mine will be at SEMA this year. :banana

15-1.jpg

I do plan to track it! Does the girl come with the car?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I do plan to track it! Does the girl come with the car?

Like all custom accessories, she is a very expensive option. :lol

Those black/red stripe ACR's just look sinister!! Don't think you can go wrong there. Of course that Very Violet that BJ posted pics of was real unique too. Decisions, decisions.....:cheers

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
The last car that looked that good with gold stripes was a rental from Hertz.

Steve

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Congrats Roc, are you coming to the Sema dinner? Will you be bringing your beach bunny? :)

I won't be going. It's during the week, and I have to stay at the office. My car will be in the KW Suspensions booth.

Mrs. Roc does not like bunnies. :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I won't be going. It's during the week, and I have to stay at the office. My car will be in the KW Suspensions booth.

Mrs. Roc does not like bunnies. :biggrin

Aaaaaaaah, lemme guess! You get the "family look" from wifey when a booth babe ("bunny"), uh, happens to get in the way of your line of sight?:lol

(Now, jus' HOW would I know that...?)

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Aaaaaaaah, lemme guess! You get the "family look" from wifey when a booth babe ("bunny"), uh, happens to get in the way of your line of sight?:lol

(Now, jus' HOW would I know that...?)

Family look, interrogation, evil eye. Yup, I get them all. :biggrin

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
My ACR is Awesome. I understand all 09 Vipers will have a $2,400 price increase and the 09 ACR will weigh more than the 08 due to changes in the frame. Buy the 08.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Interesting. I have my local dealer who sold me my SRT8 working on a potential order for a 2009 ACR. I am angling to get the car at about $1000 to $2000 over dealer invoice. They are open to it, as they intend to order no Vipers speculatively, and this deal would just be icing on the cake, bringing more money to the table than their every-day Dodge mini van sale. On the other hand, I have the ability to buy an '08 right now (red and black) with hard core package for about $2200 under MSRP. My wife continues to believe that I am insane as I just got my 2008 orange car 6 days ago!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
$2K over invoice is way better than $2K under sticker. You will save around $4K after the price jump.
Just be aware that you will probably not see the 09 anytime soon.

Reactions: skyrex

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Given the current economic conditions, waiting longer could be welcome, as my portfolio may be worth more when the car comes in!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Call Bernie at BJ Motors. He seems to be a good source for Vipers.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Call Bernie at BJ Motors. He seems to be a good source for Vipers.

I just got home from a meeting and my son suggested the same thing. Great minds think alike.