Is it me or does the new Ferrari 296 GTB...

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
... Look a lot like our GTs? I notice some designs with the heritage pattern also. Maybe I’m so nuts about my GT that everything is beginning to look like it.

BB8EE1CA-8519-4E17-9C9C-A1AB6C964C6E.jpeg

Reactions: Shawn

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
First thing I thought of when I saw the rear wheel haunches. Ferrari is lost since parting with Pininfarina, they just copy bits from other cars....they don't even try to hide that the Roma is copied from an AM Vantage.

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
I agree with your statements. Totally.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Looks like a Lotus Evora to me.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
My thought too when I saw it.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
The sexy soul is simply gone!

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
I love Ferrari, but after the 488 and F12, (pinon farina design based) they seem to definitely be in some kind of different place. The 296 is well done, I’m just particularly surprised at how close it resembles the GT, right down to the paint scheme.
The Touring Superlegga (bespoke build) is also very mini GT (and lotus like).
Jaguar F-Type looking very much California and you would expect copy of Ferrari which always happens but not the other way around.
As mentioned by another member, the rear haunches and how they flow. Very GT.

The new Black Bespoke Bugatti to me is also a bit “GT esk”, however, it definitely is of its own design save for the cab structure.

I could hardly blame any car mfg for copying the GT.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
With Ferrari there’s always going to be a newer latest greatest.What I love about the Ford Gt of any generation there is no next model year latest greatest. We have the latest greatest.
I do think the Glickenhaus car with the flying buttresses looks more like our new GT‘s then the Ferrari though

Reactions: Gene Cassone

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
The GT is a timeless work of design. There will always be subtle comparisons. What sets the 296 GTB very distinctly apart is the wrap around windshield.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I do think the Glickenhaus car with the flying buttresses looks more like our new GT‘s then the Ferrari though

Holy design ripoff Batman!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The Glickenhaus looks (to me) from the side as a mashup of front end Ferrari, middle portion a New Ford GT flying buttress design, and the rear with the '05-'06 Ford GT sexy haunches.

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Very cool car!
I love the sitting in the middle!