Instead of Zaino... I suggest

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
I've got to farm out washing and waxing of my FGT (and other sets of wheels). I've always used Zaino but its a little complicated to explain to a detail guy. I can have the detailing done WITHOUT turning the keys over the detailer.

So what other products have you gentlemen settled on when simplicity (read: a single product) is the goal. I think he can handle bugs off nose, wash... let dry, then wax-on/wax-off grasshopper.

Who else has been down this road and has it scoped?

Thanks,

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Sal Zaino drives a Tungsten GT. We should be loyal to him!

Joe

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I've got to farm out washing and waxing of my FGT (and other sets of wheels). I've always used Zaino but its a little complicated to explain to a detail guy. I can have the detailing done WITHOUT turning the keys over the detailer.

So what other products have you gentlemen settled on when simplicity (read: a single product) is the goal. I think he can handle bugs off nose, wash... let dry, then wax-on/wax-off grasshopper.

Who else has been down this road and has it scoped?

Thanks,

If you have to expain Zaino, or any other detailing product to a detailer, find another detailer.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
If the guy can't follow how to use Zaino, I'm not sure I'd want him detailing my GT...

I'd stik with Zaino and find somebody else.

Edit - PL10*Jeff was faster on the keyboard... I'd follow his advice instead!

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There are long old threads here about different polishes and waxes. You might read some of Jason's Autospa stuff.

theseeker

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2009
Sugar Land, TX
Zymol Concours is by far my favorite and I beleive Jason would agree, unless you want to spend more and get Zymol Estate.

H

HHGT

A girlfriend of mine once asked me to wax her kitty. Needless to say we did not talk much after that...

Attachments

• full-brazilian-wax.jpg
    full-brazilian-wax.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 325

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
A girlfriend of mine once asked me to wax her kitty. Needless to say we did not talk much after that...

You need to get a job Sam. You have way too much time on your hands.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
I am a big fan of Adam's car care products. I've been using Adam's exclusively for about five years and carrying the product for about 9 or 10 months. In my opinion it is the easiest to use and still offers an amazing shine.

With that being said, if you don't trust your detailer to properly detail your car. I would find someone else to detail my car. Is he unfamiliar with Zaino? Or do you just not trust him? What products does he use/recommend?

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Adam's! His new catalog will have a Red stripeless GT in it I've been told :biggrin

Get a nice layer of the Americana wax on it a couple times a year and then just wipe it down with his Detail Spray every weekend. His microfiber towels are in a league of their own as well.

Aug 25, 2006
Thanks to Luke Warmwater I just receievd a nice care package from Adam's and intend on trying it. As the basis to compare I have used Zaino with great results for a couple years.

Takes care

Shadowman

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I frequently use Zaino Z-2 Pro, Zymol Concours, and Zymol Vintage Estate Glaze. I may be biased having spent the dough, but Zymol Vintage underwent a lot of scrutiny and it is still by far my favorite wax to use and enjoy the immediate benefit of. Zaino Z-2 Pro will take about 24 hours to fully cure and truly shine. Can't really go wrong with lots of different products on the market today though. After years of back and forth debating, I believe a thicker carnauba paste wax (Zymol) belongs on darker vehicles and liquid sealants (Zaino) belong on lighter colored vehicles. To me, Zaino gives a thinner but brighter reflection of its surroundings while Zymol Vintage takes the surrounding objects and tones down the reflection which immensely benefits blending shadows into the darker base color to give that deeper look. To fully take benefit of the last step products, you'll want to make sure your GT's clear coat is in good condition too - Explained under my Clear Coat Restoration Service. Just my .02 above, as I said there are many great products on the market now. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If you have to expain Zaino, or any other detailing product to a detailer, find another detailer.

Exactly my thought. :bang

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I've found it most rewarding to employ the breasts of 40 virgins to wipe down my car. When it's really dirty, I use sluts.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I've found it most rewarding to employ the breasts of 40 virgins to wipe down my car. When it's really dirty, I use sluts.

Mind if I stop by on the way to Rally V (& on the way back) as I'm sure my gal (& I) will need attention! :thumbsup

:cheers

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Other sites discuss this at length, for more information. I use Freedom's Waterless Carwash and it serves my purpose well.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV

Waxed the wrong cat?...:lol

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I have used Zaino (still do) Meguires NXt, Zymol you name it. Folks on car sites get very passionant about one brand or the other. I doubt that anyone except someone in the business, like Jason could tell one from the other. Frequent washings, touchless (as much as possible) drying and the use of almost any high quality polish or wax works for me. Every so often, get an expert like Jason to go over the car and fix imperfections, etc.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Sal Zaino drives a Tungsten GT. We should be loyal to him!

Joe

Sal sold his Gt

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
What about 3m?