Don't know who built this but it looked high quality IMG_8267x.jpg
IMG_8263x.jpg

and then there was this oddball hybrid thing...IMG_8242x.jpg
IMG_8249x.jpg

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I'll take it!! I'd sell one of my FGT's for that!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Was that yesterday? People still in coats? It looked like it was going to snow.

Was the 918 owned or a dealer demo?

Where is the C&C these days? It's moved around some.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Was that yesterday? People still in coats? It looked like it was going to snow.

Was the 918 owned or a dealer demo?

Where is the C&C these days? It's moved around some.

It was Saturday at Lafayette C&C, SW corner of Arapaho and 95th. 1st Sat of every month. Everybody is in coats because they start it too damn early. Which is why I only got to see the 918 momentarily. It was leaving as I was arriving at 8:30.:bored

It has a very good attendance. Now that the 918 was there, the only modern super/hyper cars that haven't been there are the big ones (Koeneg, P1, LaF, etc). Even saw one of those Tesla SUVs with the giant wing doors.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It was at Arapaho and 95th when I was there too but I'd heard they had shut it down and weren't able to find another location. Glad to see it is still going.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
It had dealer plates, and as cool and amazing as it was to see, because it's a cool and amazing hyper-techno million dollar car, it's undeniable that the GT is a prettier car (in my biased eyes). No serious talk lately about shutting it down, but now there's almost 300 cars on a nice day, and inevitably a few hot rodding exits, so I won't be surprised to see it have to leave this year.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Gary Ackerman (owner of the LV Ford dealers where I take mine and whose collection was one of the stopping points of Rally 9) has a personal 918. He's had it at several of the Barrett Jackson shows they do in Sept before the auction and their spring show. Everyone is always huddled around it. He started it up and it was....silent...until he stomped on it and then, wow. It would definitely be a "Powerball" car for me.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Don't think I could own a German car after a life of Fords. The GT is timeless.

Ed

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Fcars, Lambos, McLarens, Porsches, etc. Still the star.

image.jpg

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
C&C Houston, Texas

Even after 10 years the 2006 Ford GT still gets to park with the Big Boys where it belongs. This reminded me of our Rally in California and went to the Irvine C&C except bigger. 95+ tempeture didn't stop the Car fans and they were thick. They parked me next to a Porsche 918 Spider and look at the people everywhere taking pictures. Maybe next year there will be a 2017 Ford GT parked with my #4 in the SPECIAL Section. Doesn't get any better than this, I Am Blessed. Life is wonderful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 359

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Tommy they were attracted to you not the car!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Your Black Ultima did too. Looked really good . There were so many people there I couldn't leave my GT to look at other cars. I guess next time I'll go as a spectator and just look at the cars. I've never seen anything like it anywhere.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I have both cars and I will tell you they are totally different obviously. The 918 is the most ruthless scariest machine I have ever driven. It is dam fast and nimble like you just cant believe. Like blow the doors off from 0-60. 2.2sec or so. Gt is a classic design. Still and will always look awesome.

the 918 has been a pretty good appreciater of value. Just like the gt.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My Baby still looks good on the street!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 106

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'd take the GT40 Heritage over any of them these days.

Dang, that's a sweet looking car... :willy

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The GT is always a crowd pleaser & will be forever. Here is a photo from a Cars & Cocktails evening event last month only a few blocks from my home.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_6951.jpg
    IMG_6951.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 76