Images from Rally III

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Here are some images from the Vegas Rally. I am sure there are many others with great shots, please feel free to add them.

fordgtrallyIII5.jpg

fordgtrallyIII6.jpg

fordgtrallyIII7.jpg

fordgtrallyIII4.jpg

fordgtrallyIII3.jpg

fordgtrallyIII11.jpg

fordgtrallyIII13.jpg

fordgtrallyIII14.jpg

fordgtrallyIII15.jpg

fordgtrallyIII16.jpg

fordgtrallyIII17.jpg

fordgtrallyIII9.jpg

fordgtrallyIII8.jpg

fordgtrallyIII1.jpg

fordgtrallyIII18.jpg

fordgtrallyIII2.jpg

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Great pics Atomic...it is about time. :lol

Let me guess...the Hawaii plate belongs to AlohaGT. Nice sentiment it conveys. All the cars look great. :thumbsup

Love the Mad Greek. Great movie scene from Play it to the Bone was filmed there. Did you guys have the waffles and oatmeal??? :biggrin (only hard core movie peeps are going to get that reference)

:cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Thank You!!!!!!!!!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Good heavens-- Neilda take a look at these pic's. I hope it's not too late?

Great photos! thank you.

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Atomic: Thanks for the great pics. Makes me almost feel like I'm there.....:thumbsup Please post more if you get the chance!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I had to leave the rally early for weork related stuff. I am sure there will tons more images once everyone gets back. FYI

Those who have traveled Interstate 15 to or from Southern California to Las Vegas have seen the above exit sign

ZZYZX Springs, California
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zzyzx,_California

Word Ways magazine verified the source of the lexicography as an undated San Bernardino County map published by the Automobile Club of Southern California. The magazine characterized Zzyzx Springs as "a hydrologic feature and a privately owned spa catering to the senior citizen, about 8.5 mi. (13.7 km) south of Baker on the western edge of Soda Dry Lake, off the abandoned right-of-way of the old Tonopah and Tidewater Railroad."

Zzyzx was approved as a place name by the United States Board on Geographic Names on June 14, 1984. As is the case with the road, Zzyzx, California, is the USBGN's lexicographically greatest (alphabetically last, at least in English alphabetical order) place name.

United Staes Board of Geographic Names
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Board_on_Geographic_Names

Always find the exit facinating, both in Name and in Location. Below is what is left of the Zzyzx Mineals Springs and Spa

zzxyz01spring01.jpg
zzyzxcalifornia.jpg

For those unfamiliar with the Great State of California, especially out British colleagues, Zzyzx, lies off Interstate 15 which starts in the San Diego Area, through Nevada, Utah and Idaho. Zzyzx lies west of the town of Baker, (gateway to Death Valley) about 7 miles. Baker is about 90 southwest of Las Vegas.

Last edited:

racegirl

Thank you :) i love seeing picturess of F Enzo, and miss it dearly! I recieved a few pics of the car via blackberry messenger earlier today, but these are much better quality!! will pass them on to my father.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Great pictures of fantastic GT's. Thanks for sharing :cheers

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Thanks for the pix! :thumbsup Can't wait to hear some of the crazy stories that I know will follow the rally. :cheers

dikran

GT Owner
Aug 11, 2006
Birmingham, MI
Wish I could be there. I hope to see a lot of pics and I am sure the stories will be equally entertaining.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A lovely photo.... Thanks for posting, really enjoyable photos.

fordgtrallyIII1.jpg

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Great pics Atomic...it is about time. :lol

Let me guess...the Hawaii plate belongs to AlohaGT. Nice sentiment it conveys. All the cars look great. :thumbsup

Love the Mad Greek. Great movie scene from Play it to the Bone was filmed there. Did you guys have the waffles and oatmeal??? :biggrin (only hard core movie peeps are going to get that reference)

:cheers

Yes, that's me.

AtomicGT helped organize the SoCal run to Vegas and after arriving, had to turn around and fly back to LAX very early the next morning for work. He then flew back to Vegas that evening and then was called back to L.A. on an emergency and drove his FGT back to LA the following morning!

We all miss you Atomic!

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Thank you :) i love seeing picturess of F Enzo, and miss it dearly! I recieved a few pics of the car via blackberry messenger earlier today, but these are much better quality!! will pass them on to my father.

Aloha racegirl, I trust school's going well back East and give my regards to your father.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Those who have traveled Interstate 15 to or from Southern California to Las Vegas have seen the above exit sign

Always find the exit facinating, both in Name and in location.

+1

When my wife and I are making our monthly (or more if schedule allows :wink) treks to Vegas you get to know the road by heart and judge where you are by landmarks instead of miles. The abandoned water park in the middle of nowhere outside of Barstow, the worlds tallest thermometer/Mad Greek, entering into Primm NV (actually stayed at Buffalo Bill's once :eek) and of course Zzyzx Rd. Love seeing it come up on the GPS.

Never took the time to look up why the strange name. Thanks for the info and the great pic of your Tungsten gal with the sign. :cheers

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Here is a little interesting item for you in return Atomic. There was a film with the title Zyzzyx Road (Not exactly the same spelling, but it is what they meant :wink) that starred Katherine Heigl (Knocked Up) and Tom Sizemore. It was notorious for being the lowest grossing domestic movie in history.....it only made $30 total. :eek Story below.

Zyzzyx Road was shown once-a-day for six days (February 25, 2006 through March 2, 2006) at Highland Park Village Theater in Dallas, Texas, a movie theater rented by the producers for $1,000. The limited release was deliberate: Grillo was uninterested in releasing the film domestically until after it underwent foreign distribution, but needed to fulfill the U.S. release obligation required by the Screen Actors Guild for low-budget films (films with budgets less than $2.5 million that are not for the direct-to-video market).

The strategy had the side effect of making the film the lowest grossing film of all time, earning just $30 at the box office from exactly six patrons. Unofficially, its opening weekend netted $20. The $10 difference is due to a personal refund by Grillo to makeup artist Sheila Moore, who had worked on the film, and her friend. :ack

Both Zyzzyx Road and the similarly-named Zzyzx have been cited as the lowest-grossing film of all time; Zyzzyx Road is in fact the lowest-grossing film.

The film was released in twenty-three countries and by the end of 2006, had earned about $368,000. As of today, the film has not yet received the legitimate domestic distribution that was supposed to follow its foreign release.

Not exactly the kind of history that you want to make. :lol

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Let's keep that "F ENZO" spirit alive through the weekend! Drove back to LA yesterday along side a Maranello 575, smiled at him, wife was better looking than his car!

fordgtrallyIII31.jpg

fordgtrallyIII19.jpg

fordgtrallyIII21.jpg

fordgtrallyIII22.jpg

fordgtrallyIII23.jpg

fordgtrallyIII24.jpg

fordgtrallyIII25.jpg

fordgtrallyIII26.jpg

fordgtrallyIII27.jpg

fordgtrallyIII28.jpg

fordgtrallyIII29.jpg

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
:agree: Keep the pics flowing!! :biggrin

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Atomic - thanks for the wonderful pics, great hanging out with you at the Rally events! Sorry that you have had the crazy schedule with work, hope it is all going smoothly now. You are a dedicated GT owner to fly and drive on a moments notice to participate in the events that you can. Also, thanks for setting up the group drive from So Cal, very enjoyable!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Thanks, SYCO GT, I was trying to catch up with you guys all Wednesday. Leaving Hesperia, never saw you again until Baker and the Bun Boy. Then leaving Baker caught up with you at the Pahrump Gas Station. And I was going 120 MPH for at least 1/3 of that detour run. You didn't lose your new hat, did you? Last time I saw it was Thursday night in your hand. Safe travels home tomorrow with the other So Cal GTs. Make sure AlohaGT, does end up in Phoenix by making the wrong turn. You know how those crazy Hawai'ians are!

Greetings to Mrs. SYCO, looking forward to another GT rally maybe in November, and a Mini Cooper S run with the Twisty Boys!

Can't believe I have 700 miles more on my car since Wednesday. I haven't put 700 miles on in a year. Last time I drove this many was the Newport Beach Rally. Speedometer is now @ 4500 miles! Guess I had better sell and find one with 89 miles on it.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Heard from Eric, he was working on patients from the Chattsworth train wreck.
Have to admire him and say how proud I am to know him and be his car buddy.