I'm starting to wonder if it will be a front engined car, like the GR1 concept.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I'm starting to think its not going to be a mid-engined GT40 "like" car after all... But in fact a front engined Gran Turismo long distance vehicle, especially if its running the twin turbo 6 cylinder Eco boost.

They could easily be hiding a new front engined car under Mustang camouflage. Any rear engined mule would be obvious and already spotted.

Ford would reduce R&D costs and most importantly, time, if they use the underpinnings from the new Mustang... So I'm starting to lean towards it being more like a derivative of the GR1 concept, which would be pretty cool too. :thumbsup

And with that power plant (if its truly a TT 6cyl) It would also be more widely accepted by Ford fans, being an altogether new car.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
The TTV6 has been hiding under the respective hoods of F150 (front engine) and a Daytona Prototype racer (mid engine) race car for a couple of years now. Should tell you you all you need to know about flexibility in the engine dept. Don't see Mustang underpinnings in leMans winners circle anytime soon.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Added: Dual Electric motors (one front and one back) and no mechanical interconnection between them only digital/electronic dialogue :biggrin

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I'm still crossing my fingers that its the GR1 brought to life :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Rex, next time you change avatars, please show us what the new secret car looks like.