I'm a BAD DAD!!!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Well, yesterday my wife and I detailed the GT after about 6 to 7 months of neglect... I know!!! We washed it and then did the 3 step system that Macguiars has.. We then obviously detailed the interior and engine bay (that's what I like to call it)

Anyway, after about 3 hours of two people working on her..... I now have a brand new GT... Forgot what it was like to own one of these beautiful macheeeenes. I hope I'm not in bad standings with thr GT gods after such abusive treatment that my GT recieved. Hopefully we made up for it with the TLC she recieved yesterday..:confused

Never again... promise:biggrin

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Well, yesterday my wife and I detailed the GT after about 6 to 7 months of neglect... I know!!! We washed it and then did the 3 step system that Macguiars has.. We then obviously detailed the interior and engine bay (that's what I like to call it)

Anyway, after about 3 hours of two people working on her..... I now have a brand new GT... Forgot what it was like to own one of these beautiful macheeeenes. I hope I'm not in bad standings with thr GT gods after such abusive treatment that my GT recieved. Hopefully we made up for it with the TLC she recieved yesterday..:confused

Never again... promise:biggrin

As the late President Reagan would of said "spanking will begin in ten minutes!"...

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
"YOU ARE FORGIVEN"
no go and soil yourself no more !!!!!!

sam
#1451------red/white

Mad Max

Apr 7, 2006
SE Michigan
As the late President Reagan would of said "spanking will begin in ten minutes!"...

I thought it was a little more aggressive, as in " The bombing will begin in ten minutes." Which may be a bit extreme in this instance......

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I spoke to the GT Gods about your sin and they said to let you know that they were happy the car was being driven and loved - that it is not a queen.

Sometimes sinning and enjoyment go together :biggrin

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
A good father takes their kid out to play often and doesn't worry about getting their clothes dirty.

And cleans them up for special events and dinners.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
You know, this car stays amazingly clean with only minimal care. I know that my car being white has a lot to do with it, but my engine compartment looks as clean as it did when I got her. She is a little dirty from being parked outside while the garage was being tiled, so she will be getting the presidential treatment this week.:biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
DP....

Ferrari Beater

Jan 29, 2007
Farmington Hills, MI
Well at least you only have one son, imagine if you had two. Only half the time spent with him

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I thought it was a little more aggressive, as in " The bombing will begin in ten minutes." Which may be a bit extreme in this instance......
Mad Max, this is true!

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
One word... Menzerna

Although some of the Viper clones will swear by Zaino.

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Thanks GODS of the GT... much appreciated :cheers

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
You know, this car stays amazingly clean with only minimal care.

Yeah, that is DEFINITELY not the case with my black GT.

But you are right about the engine compartment. Crazy, really...I am always shocked at how clean it remains. Helps having all the bottom panels, but I never would have suspected it would stay generally clean.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I was in much worse standing with the GT gods. I bought my car in August of 2005 and, while keeping it washed on a regular basis, I didn't do any polish or detail work until...um...last month. :willy

But I had the same experience. I did the multi-step treatment with Zaino (inside and out) and I was like, "Woah! Now I remember why the car looked so good the day I drove it off the dealer lot." It took me the better part of a Saturday, but of course it seemed worth it when I was done.

It's also cool how now, when I go to close the door or open the engine cover, I can immediately feel how much smoother the exterior surfaces are. It's been a few weeks an the car needs cleaned again of course (dark blue), but I'm expecting the recent road dust to wash off quickly and easily.

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Well, EnzoBtr. I'm sure we are not the only ones who have dissapointed the GT Gods.... c'mon guys, anyone else out there?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Well, I confess. That is why I have an in with the Gods. I have washed the car once in 1 1/2 years. Just do the California duster and microfibre / spray.

The ONE TIME I did wash it, I used distilled water so that there was NO CHANCE of water spots (used a sand blaster to spray the water from the jugs - takes about 10 gallons). I think that should make me some points :thumbsup

FordGT75

GT Owner
Sep 2, 2006
Great Falls, VA
I to washed mine only last weekend after almost a year of neglect

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
OK - I'll admit that before the Detroit Rally last year I had the car Zaino polished. Since then it was microfiber towels and detail spray.

Last week when my son was home on spring break we washed, clay bar'd and polished (Zaino) with four coats the GT and his '03 Cobra. So yes - I was on the edge of ticking off the GT God's but I can now say that the car is back to its full glory and to insure that a minimal amount of "damage" will occur have since then added a SL Bra and am awaiting the ProLine window protector

Keeping the Gods happy....:bow

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Washed by rain :eek & blow dried at speed. :willy

:biggrin :banana :biggrin

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal