Identification and decryption of a chassis plate

MSH_V8

Jun 23, 2018
France
Hello everyone,
How identify and decript a chassis plate on the NFGT ?

First letter is for the year: H for 2017, J for 2018, K for 2019. Exact ? And about 2020 to 2022 ?
But, how is the following number done ? For exemple, the yellow press car with the chassis H988 can't be the 988th car produced ?

Thanks for your answers !

rkDH3lNz

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
Hi,
From what I saw the cars aren't build in the sequential chassis number. So it's to totally possible that a car with a high chassis number is produced before one with a low chassis number.

For the press car, I also noted the high chassis number. But I think they just wanted it to be totally separated of the customer cars.

I hope my text make some sense as my mother tongue is French :eek: (if it's not the case you can DM me)... I keep the english here in order to allow everybody to understand ;)

MSH_V8

Jun 23, 2018
France
I will send you a DM, thanks for your answer !

LMF427

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2019
California / Florida
L for 2020, M for 2021 and N for 2022. The number following the letter is just the VIN number for that year, not built in sequential order and have nothing to do with what number the car is relative to production numbers. McLaren also does a similar numbering system with their press cars. Super high chassis numbers to separate them as press/test cars.

MSH_V8

Jun 23, 2018
France
Thank you!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
....I hope my text make some sense as my mother tongue is French :eek: (if it's not the case you can DM me)... I keep the english here in order to allow everybody to understand ;)
Your English is much better than my French!

Ed

Je voudrais une bière s'il vous plaît

SVTPony

Oct 5, 2006
For the yellow press car, the last 3 of the VIN are 988...

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
Your English is much better than my French!

Ed

Je voudrais une bière s'il vous plaît

Well did learn in on the fly when I was in the Bay Area for a 3 month stay ... So I am never sure that I use the right word at the right time :confused: If you come in Switzerland, send me a message and you will get a beer ;)

Reactions: Ed Sims