I would not have thunk it...

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
...but it happened kind of by accident. I wasn't looking for a second GT although the thought intrigued me. I go to my first Rally in NOLA and was talking to Camilo and jokingly asked him when he was going to sell my his GT. He smiled and said it was for sale. I said crap. After my wife arrives that Saturday for the Chouest party I mentioned it to her. (I love my wife). She looked at me and said we needed that car. With twin boys that are 25, they argue on who gets to drive my White GT. Funny part is that they had lunch with her 2 weeks before and mentioned that "we" needed another GT. The one of them puts up marker boards for each of us on the garage to keep a to do list going and #3 on Dad's list was "Buy another GT". All of this was happening 2 weeks before the Rally so I had no idea what was in the cards for me. When we woke up I mentioned it again to the wife (I love her) and told her that when Camilo was down in 2010 he drew a GT on my wall at the man cave. It was the #7 car. The coincidences were piling up faster than a Hennessey Twin Turbo. That pic on the wall sealed the deal and I told Camilo lets make a deal. Did I mention I love my wife? Well, she was delivered two weeks ago on and I am just now getting to post it. The first thing I did was Check off #3 on my to do list and told the boys. Well, I, me, the boys and the wife now have two to be proud of. On a footnote, I am bringing my wife to NY City this weekend. Payback is going to be hell...but worth every penny...dollar...credit card worth it. :) Life is good.DSC_2260.jpgDSC_2264.jpgDSC_2265.jpgDSC_2267.jpg

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Congratulations on your second GT! I hate you! :biggrin

Seriously, what a great story on acquiring the car, thanks for posting.

Have much fun with your newest GT and the NYC adventure!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Your a lucky guy all the way around, Congratulations

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
That sounds like the GT was fated to be yours. Congrats. That's a good looking pair!

PS - I think I love your wife too!!! :wink

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congratulations! That happens to be my favorite GT. I love the color combination.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Great color combination on that car, Camilo will has some work to do to beat that one!

Congratulations!

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
What a fantastic story. Yes, you were in fate's driveway with that one!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
How many miles on her?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations Mike on your purchase . It's a looker and you won't see another like it. I'll be taking my wife to NY in two weeks to visit my Daughter and a payback situation also . Paybacks are hell. Oh my credit cards. The Gt color reminds me of thr Princess Blue on the original Cobras. I love it..

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
"Blue Moon" as Camilo has named it has 22,750 miles on it. I plan on putting a few more on.

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
Very nice! What is the blue color?

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Is that a turntable in your garage floor?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Mike,

Now Brent and you can rub paint on the track at the next rally. Congratulations. Wow!!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Not sure what the official blue color is. Hey Jerry, good idea...or park one in Destin for the summer.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
maybe Camilo can let us know. NJF...yes it is a turntable. It works barely. I have to re-engineer it. It works fine for about an hour and the belts heat up and start slipping. But for that one hour I have a cold one and just watch. haha

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Not sure what the official blue color is. Hey Jerry, good idea...or park one in Destin for the summer.

Hey, there's an idea and then we can go cruising the back roads. Wait, we can just go cruising in mine.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I only met you in the garage shortly at the Rally, but I love your wife, too. Can that get me on your list for Xmas?

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I first saw this car at VIR and thought it was a nice change of pace color wise. Wedgewood blue maybe? Almost bought an F350 that color back in 2004.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's a blue out of the GM catalog.

Congratulations again!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It's a blue out of the GM catalog.

Congratulations again!

A GM color on a Ford! Is that the same as painting a F-car a Lambo color?