I need a new Speedometer.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
What's the latest option? Ford part is available but couple of weeks for delivery.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Speedhut!

Ed

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Or send to Kendall at Cooltech for repair.

Reactions: 2112

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
With Speedhut you have to change out the whole gauge panel, and if you like the looks of the Speedhut gauges then go for it.

A Ford-sourced replacement gauge will fail at the same rate as the original gauges - ie, it's not a guaranteed fix (although a replacement would have a 2 year warranty). Autometer makes replacements for the smaller gauges that have the same appearance as the original gauges but have a new "innards" that won't fail. That leaves the speedometer and tachometer. For the larger gauges, Kendall has a means of replacing the original innards with innards that won't fail. That is the way to go.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Here is link to Kendall's website

rnkma4

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2014
Santa Clarita
What's the latest option? Ford part is available but couple of weeks for delivery.
Talk to Kendall

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Talk to Kendall as others have said, especially as the OEM large gauges have not been re engineered (all the small ones have been by Autometer), so you might have the same problem again.

Aug 28, 2017
Anyone know the price? I have emailed him a couple times through his site for a tach rebuild, never heard back. :cry:

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I’ll try Kendall. I want one ASAP.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Check eBay. Scott Minch at Dearborn may have some.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
240mph speedo, custom redline on tach, boost gauge, your choice of light/background/bezel/panel color & shift indicator - life time guarantee & entire set less than an OEM speedo

EdIMG_7364.jpg

Reactions: 2112

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Look at post no. 46 in this thread from Kendall (pricing and time)

https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/tachometer-failed-today.27099/page-3#post-487611

GTGhost

Jun 2, 2018
Try searching by VIN on https://www.fordpartsprime.com/ for that speedo. Hope this helps you out. They have a ton of OEM Ford parts at good deals.