I have driven the 08 Viper

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's fast. Very fast. Somewhere in between a stock GT and my GT as is with pulley/tune/exhaust. Massive torque, which is not new, but it really is a tire melter. Put the power down well once it got goin. The obvious question most people will ask is whether or not it's faster than a C6 Z06 as they are true competitors. I was told by the person who let me drive it that in head to head comparisons the Viper is now the faster car. I can believe it will put down some impressive numbers.

Very, very raw car compared to the GT. First SRT I've ever driven, but it struck me as a real track car. I liked the pedal placement and the seats. Great brakes. Sure is a different view with those miles of hood out front...

:willy

:wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
HOW did you manage to arrange THAT????????! :eek

It'll be interesting 2C how a Viper vs. "Blue Devil" duel ends up.

Last edited:

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
It's fast. Very fast. Somewhere in between a stock GT and my GT as is with pulley/tune/exhaust. Massive torque, which is not new, but it really is a tire melter. Put the power down well once it got goin. The obvious question most people will ask is whether or not it's faster than a C6 Z06 as they are true competitors. I was told by the person who let me drive it that in head to head comparisons the Viper is now the faster car. I can believe it will put down some impressive numbers.

Very, very raw car compared to the GT. First SRT I've ever driven, but it struck me as a real track car. I liked the pedal placement and the seats. Great brakes. Sure is a different view with those miles of hood out front...

:willy

:wink

Whose car was it?what color?which wheels were on it?Carbon fiber dash?

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
So you would say that the new 08 Viper is faster than a stock GT? How does it corner or were you able to tell this in your test drive?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It'll definitely be slower than the Blue Devil whenever that comes out. It's fast, but it's not that fast.

Don't want to get into the car thing for obvious reasons. Don't want to compromise anyone.

It felt quicker than a stock GT. It's hard to judge N/A vs. FI, but I'd guess it will do high 120 traps, maybe nick 130. I'm not sure if it will hold after 1/4 speeds. Couldn't try any cornering.