I got the Letter

DLM

Mar 28, 2019
And it pretty much knocked me out of my chair. Came on Wednesday but I didn’t post then as I’ve spent a fair bit of time catching up through this outstanding forum. I didn’t think it would happen. It certainly makes looking at the configurator a whole different experience.

I got the signature back to the concierge team in about an hour and they confirmed. How long until I would expect to hear from them again?

My connection other than being a lifelong car addict and restorer is that I work for Corning and we made the Gorilla Glass parts for the car.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Congrats and welcome!! What great news on your first post. You should receive a welcome email w/ pdf file explaining the process. I received mine yesterday. From that point on I’m not sure how long until the concierge reaches out. That’s really cool to have been a part of the gorilla glass production. Looking forward to seeing you and your NFGT at future events!

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Are you StormCat's friend from Florida? Congrats

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Congratulations! Looking forward to meeting you!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Congrats! First post is a good one for sure!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Welcome and congratulations.

DLM

Mar 28, 2019
Are you StormCat's friend from Florida? Congrats
Thanks! Nope, I’m in Western NY.

Thinking Blue for the paint right now but posts on the Forum indicate that is about 50% of the cars. Anybody try a matte wrap on a standard gloss color?

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Welcome and Congratulations on the allocation.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome DLM! And congrats!

Ed

DLM

Mar 28, 2019
And now the build, going to head up there December to build 2020 NFGT number 30 with delivery expecTed in early Feb. want to take my grandson if I can get out of school. Sounds like a fun think todo.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California

Thinking Blue for the paint right now but posts on the Forum indicate that is about 50% of the cars. Anybody try a matte wrap on a standard gloss color?

Congratulations and also welcome.

I am not sure if 50% of the NFGT's are in some shade of Blue. Last time I saw info on this it was less then 1/3 of production.
At any rate pick a color that you won't grow tired of and makes you happiest.

I don't think there is a bad color choice, the GT looks awesome in almost any color.

Best regards
Stef

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...I am not sure if 50% of the NFGT's are in some shade of Blue. Last time I saw info on this it was less then 1/3 of production....

Best regards
Stef

I'm not sure if is 33% but blues are up there. Liquid Blue is almost 20% of production I think.

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Corning is very close to the Glen!

Congrats on starting the process!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Congrats!
Used to live near Corning, now moved “ upstate”!
Just got 10” snow cutting driving season short!
I was told liquid blue 25% first year, 20 % second year. However it is a beautiful color and if you like it , do it!!!