"I didn't get picked to buy a NGT" sour grapes thread

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
As the deadline to submit an application approaches and the selection process begins, I've started this thread for all those not selected who will feel compelled to carp about the application or selection process. Please post your complaints in this thread to keep the Forum tidy and organized. It will be nice to have one thread to identify all those who don't own big boy pants so the rest of us who aren't selected can poke the appropriate amount of fun at you.

Complaints will invariably fall into one or more of the following categories:

A. I was conceived, birthed and/or have copulated in a 19XX Ford, have owned nothing but Fords since birth and, as result, I am more deserving;

B. I am a rich vulgarian and should not be denied the opportunity to buy anything my thick wallet permits; and/or

C. Although having no intention to actually buy a NGT, I wanted to be selected and, thereafter, have the satisfaction of declining to complete the purchase because the car has a turbo V6, doesn't sound like a V8, didn't win every race in it's first season, etc.

When posting your complaints, please select one or more categories above that best describes you and provide your email address. I will provide you with a link to download "I'm a loser" by The Beatles and "You can't always get what you want" by The Rolling Stones." I will also send you a bumper sticker: "501st on the NGT list."

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Brutal.

:lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
As the deadline to submit an application approaches and the selection process begins, I've started this thread for all those not selected who will feel compelled to carp about the application or selection process. Please post your complaints in this thread to keep the Forum tidy and organized. It will be nice to have one thread to identify all those who don't own big boy pants so the rest of us who aren't selected can poke the appropriate amount of fun at you.

Complaints will invariably fall into one or more of the following categories:

A. I was conceived, birthed and/or have copulated in a 19XX Ford, have owned nothing but Fords since birth and, as result, I am more deserving;

B. I am a rich vulgarian and should not be denied the opportunity to buy anything my thick wallet permits; and/or

C. Although having no intention to actually buy a NGT, I wanted to be selected and, thereafter, the satisfaction of declining to complete the purchase because the car has a turbo V6, doesn't sound like a V8, didn't win every race in it's first season, etc.

When posting your complaints, please select one or more categories above that best describes you and provide your email address. I will provide you with a link to download "I'm a loser" by The Beatles and "You can't always get what you want" by the The Rolling Stones." I will also send you a bumper sticker: "501st on the NGT list."

Looking for clients for a "class-action" suit - :facepalm:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
[emoji23]

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
My quick take:

There are a great deal more potential buyers than there are cars. A great many of these potential buyers have tremendous passion for the Ford GT and would be great advocates for the nameplate. Many of them unfortunately won't be able to get a car in the first go round, and that is a bummer. Very low volume is the price of the time-intensive construction method that has been chosen for the car.

With that in mind, I would say that whether you manage to get a new GT or not, it's a great thing that the lineage of the name has been expanded. There are now 3 historic generations of the car, and it is a lucky thing to own any of the three, especially since they all serve different purposes while retaining such strong familial DNA. And to have the new GT already out there on the top step of the podium? It's a great time to own a Ford GT. Any Ford GT. The legend grows for anything with the name on it.

It's weird to me to see some trashing of the new GT here and there, or "table setting" for trashing based on the possibility of not getting one, or on the misguided notion that the 05/06 is "old news" and dinging the new car will make that go away. I will never own a LaFerrari. I'm still really enthusiastic that it exists because I love cars. I'd imagine there are guys with an F40 that couldn't get one. Engaging in fratricide over that reality is fruitless. Tearing down a different generation of low volume supercar isn't going to make any other generation more valuable or more desirable, and if anything, will do the opposite.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I seriously doubt anyone here would have sour grapes, if we were on the Ferrari chat however.....

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
uploadfromtaptalk1462732893474.jpg

T-shirt to be awarded the best loser whine.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Surely won't be a surprise to find at least a few that have made a return to the forum over the last year after a long hiatus will disappear again if their name isn't called up by Ford.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Its just a waste of precious time and energy to stress to much about it. As terribly bad as I want the NFGT, I am just stoked for Ford bringing it back and going racing again. When the 05/06's came out, I had the same thoughts and sat on the sidelines, thinking by the time I get a chance they will be history. Now pleasantly, how wrong I was. In my opinion there is no such thing as an inferior FGT.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Its just a waste of precious time and energy to stress to much about it. As terribly bad as I want the NFGT, I am just stoked for Ford bringing it back and going racing again. When the 05/06's came out, I had the same thoughts and sat on the sidelines, thinking by the time I get a chance they will be history. Now pleasantly, how wrong I was. In my opinion there is no such thing as an inferior FGT.

I agree. Noone will know until summer anyway, so why fret about it now?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I agree. Noone will know until summer anyway, so why fret about it now?

....or ever?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
My quick take:

There are a great deal more potential buyers than there are cars. A great many of these potential buyers have tremendous passion for the Ford GT and would be great advocates for the nameplate. Many of them unfortunately won't be able to get a car in the first go round, and that is a bummer. Very low volume is the price of the time-intensive construction method that has been chosen for the car.

With that in mind, I would say that whether you manage to get a new GT or not, it's a great thing that the lineage of the name has been expanded. There are now 3 historic generations of the car, and it is a lucky thing to own any of the three, especially since they all serve different purposes while retaining such strong familial DNA. And to have the new GT already out there on the top step of the podium? It's a great time to own a Ford GT. Any Ford GT. The legend grows for anything with the name on it.

It's weird to me to see some trashing of the new GT here and there, or "table setting" for trashing based on the possibility of not getting one, or on the misguided notion that the 05/06 is "old news" and dinging the new car will make that go away. I will never own a LaFerrari. I'm still really enthusiastic that it exists because I love cars. I'd imagine there are guys with an F40 that couldn't get one. Engaging in fratricide over that reality is fruitless. Tearing down a different generation of low volume supercar isn't going to make any other generation more valuable or more desirable, and if anything, will do the opposite.

+1

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
If I can't get a NFGT, can I order a GT350R with DCT?? I hope that's an option by the end of the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
If I can't get a NFGT, can I order a GT350R with DCT?? I hope that's an option by the end of the run.

Probably not the GT350R, but I believe the next gen GT500 will be available with the new 10 (!) speed auto codeveloped with GM. The 2017 ZL1 will have it and I'd be surprised if it wasn't an option on the GT500.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Yea but no lift shifting at 8000 rpms, pure delight!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO

Last edited:

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yea but no lift shifting at 8000 rpms, pure delight!!!!

I'm a big fan of the third pedal, but there's no denying your statement.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
There are now 3 historic generations of the car, and it is a lucky thing to own any of the three, especially since they all serve different purposes while retaining such strong familial DNA

That one sentence sums it up for me.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Looking for clients for a "class-action" suit - :facepalm:

Sinovac - trolling?? :rofl

That's funny!

Last edited: