I believe I can fly

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
[video=vimeo;31240369]http://vimeo.com/31240369[/video]

This is another one of those "my hands are sweating on my keyboard just watching this" clips. YIKES.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Holy crap man.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Not to wish ill on anyone, but as these guys bite the dust, the average IQ in France increases. I have visited the spot in Norway, Preikestolen, and at 1982 ft straight down it is not for those fearful of heights, like me. Those people are the epitome of adrenalin junkies.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Cool but the guys that jump off those cliffs in those Rocky the Flying Squirrel suits are cooler especially since they glide through and near the rocks and have to "know" where they are going else "splat". Good filming though.

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I actually have "the squirrel suit" :wink but I am not near stupid enough to jump that close to a cliff. :lol I only do full altitude and usually open by 3,000ft.

I do not have one friend who base jumps seriously who has not hit a wall or building etc.....and gotten dinged up pretty bad. It is the nature of that sport, which is why I don't do it.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I know I can't fly!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
And if he really thought he could fly he wouldn't have the safety line as he was walking on the rubber band that crossed the canyon/cliffs.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Good grief, I couldn't wait till it was over. But I couldn't stop watching either. I'm not going to watch it again. That gave me the willies and I still don't feel right. :willy Those young men must hate their parents.

Chip

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
My tittle would be "I believe I can make a crater"

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:lol

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Not to wish ill on anyone, but as these guys bite the dust, the average IQ in France increases. I have visited the spot in Norway, Preikestolen, and at 1982 ft straight down it is not for those fearful of heights, like me. Those people are the epitome of adrenalin junkies.

While talking to some fellow AF pilots back in the 70's, I realized that a lot of pilots, myself included, have cremnophobia (fear of falling off the edge) but not acrophobia (fear of heights). Go figure. :confused

Here's your comprehensive guide to what to call your fears :lol http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/cgi-bin/res.pl?keyword=Cremnophobia&offset=0

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Here's your comprehensive guide to what to call your fears :lol http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/cgi-bin/res.pl?keyword=Cremnophobia&offset=0

I have

Mechanophobia is the fear of machinery.

and

Ochophobia is the fear of vehicles

I wonder if I can get my doctor to write a prescription for a Ford GT as part of the therapy.

Last edited:

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
I have

Mechanophobia is the fear of machinery.

and

Ochophobia is the fear of vehicles

I wonder if I can get my doctor to write a prescription for a Ford GT as part of the therapy.

I don't think anyone on this forum has Tachophobia - fear of speed!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
While talking to some fellow AF pilots back in the 70's, I realized that a lot of pilots, myself included, have cremnophobia (fear of falling off the edge) but not acrophobia (fear of heights). Go figure. :confused

Ditto here. In my plane I feel like Superman, but I can't stand looking over a ledge or the edge of a building. And that video flipped me out.

Chip

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Ditto here. In my plane I feel like Superman, but I can't stand looking over a ledge or the edge of a building. And that video flipped me out.

Chip

...likewise for some scenes in Tower Heist.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I realized that a lot of pilots, myself included, have cremnophobia (fear of falling off the edge)...

I take it then that you've never visited - much less walked out onto - that horseshoe shaped 'glass' walkway that hangs out over the Grand Canyon? :lol

(You couldn't get Pockets within 300 yards of that thing...:willy)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I take it then that you've never visited - much less walked out onto - that horseshoe shaped 'glass' walkway that hangs out over the Grand Canyon? :lol

(You couldn't get Pockets within 300 yards of that thing...:willy)

I want to go there. I'm so used to looking at the bottom up that a look down might be refreshing. Touristy but refreshing.

I am doing another 16 day Grand Canyon rafting trip in July (2012). I'm totally jazzed again.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
In China - http://player.vimeo.com/video/31481531?autoplay=1

There are scenes of a fly-bye where you can get a sense of how fats these dudes are moving

H

HHGT

In China - http://player.vimeo.com/video/31481531?autoplay=1

There are scenes of a fly-bye where you can get a sense of how fats these dudes are moving

I think you meant to say "fast" not "fats" Big Guy

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
pretty cool but the flying squirrel suits FTW!