I am officially INSANE.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
We'll the only REAL way to answer my previously posted question, "Is the ACR worth it?" was to go out and buy one to find out for myself. I ended up taking Bony's advise..."A bird in the hand is worth..." rather than waiting for a 2009. I cut the deal at 2:30 on Friday, hooked up the trailer, then drove four hours to the Indiana border. The dealer, Bud's in Celina stayed extra late to meet me and help me load it. They were great to deal with. I got home at 1:00 AM, and headed out for a track day at Nelson Ledges Road Course at 8:00 AM the next morning with the new ACR in tow. With 3 miles on the clock, on a cold wet track, I was able to tip-toe around the track and was able to at least bed in the brakes and start the break-in process for the motor in the less than optimum track conditions. After bringing it home Sunday, I started the chassis set-up by lowering the car 15/16", re-set the alignment (only threw out the toe in the rear modestly), set the bump and compression to the half-way mark between street and track set-up and took her out for more. The new settings made a world of difference, and I think will work well on both street and track without necessitating major changes each time it goes to the track. The car is awesome! IT IS WORTH IT!

Attachments

• IMG00018.jpg
    IMG00018.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 507

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I need some of your insanity. :lol Didn't I just write a congrats post on another Viper purchase in the past month. :rofl

Seriously beautiful car. I would tell you to have a great time, but it is obvious that you are doing just that. Keep up the "hard" work with all those great cars. :cheers

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Congrats! :thumbsup
Car looks awesome!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I ended up taking Bony's advise..."A bird in the hand is worth..." rather than waiting for a 2009.QUOTE]

Uuuuuuuuuuh, ackshully that was Pocket's advice...which would clearly explain why you now feel "totally insane". :wink :lol :cheers

('NASTY looking snake by the way...!)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sweet car Tim!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Hello Chris???

Uh, knock...knock....Chris.....
Tim's upping the ante......again!!!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
TIM CANTWELL for PRESIDENT :cheers

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Nice Tim! Just FYI, KW has an upgrade for the coilovers. They are putting it on my ACR for SEMA. I already have a request in for pricing. :biggrin

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Viper

Great ride Tim - enjoy! :cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
N I C E ! ! :usa :cheers

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Nice Tim! Just FYI, KW has an upgrade for the coilovers. They are putting it on my ACR for SEMA. I already have a request in for pricing. :biggrin

Thanks Mark, let me know the details.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
N I C E ! ! :usa :cheers

How's the car "repair" coming along Fred?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
what a bad boy!! congrats, please advse what parking stall she will be in when I land in Phoenix for B-J auction.... I look foward to driving her, I am sure much more exciting than the Enterorise KIA I had last year :)

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
what a bad boy!! congrats, please advse what parking stall she will be in when I land in Phoenix for B-J auction.... I look foward to driving her, I am sure much more exciting than the Enterorise KIA I had last year :)

I don't know the KIA may just give it a run for the money. See you at B-J!

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
WOW! What a beauty! :biggrin First Chris with the red Camillo/Heffner car & now this. Red is starting to become my FAVORITE color!!!!! :thumbsup

I selfishly hope she makes her way to AZ some day. :banana

PS: With all your "real" sons & Jeff, have you ever considered adding on a daughter? :lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
very nice!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Uh, knock...knock....Chris.....
Tim's upping the ante......again!!!

Bill- Stop trying to start trouble..:lol

Tim- Sweet ride. Did you keep the blue '06 SE?

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Bill- Stop trying to start trouble..:lol

Tim- Sweet ride. Did you keep the blue '06 SE?

Chris, Yes, I did keep the blue/white FE. I love the color combo too much to part with it. I always regretted selling my 1996 GTS blue/white coupe. I'm actually still considering going the same route you did with the Paxton and coil-overs. Just no time to get it done.

281cammer

Aug 20, 2008
Nice choice man!! :cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
How's the car "repair" coming along Fred?

Tim,

I just now saw this post.

We are moving forward, slow, but progress is being made.

It will be better than when it came out of the factory.:thumbsup

Fred