Humidity

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
My GT is stored in a heated garage. What humidity level should I keep the garage?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I would keep windows on car closed

Too dry and leather will eventually dry out / shrink over long term

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I should clarify my question it a little more.

I currently have a dehumidifier in the garage and keep it at 45% and I am not sure if this is a good level or not.

Does this sound correct?

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Sounds right on the money to me...

H

HHGT

I guess it would not be very nice of me to tell you it has been in the 80's here in SoCal. :willy:willy

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
It is in the teen's here and snowing. :frown :frown

Only 5 more months of storage. :bang

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I should clarify my question it a little more.

I currently have a dehumidifier in the garage and keep it at 45% and I am not sure if this is a good level or not.

Does this sound correct?

Doesn't the dehumidifer just removed excess humidity? I use one in with the GT in the summer months with the hot humid weather we have here in KS.

In the house we just added 2 humidifiers that are tapped in to the water line to add to the dry heat from the furnace in the winter. We noticed all of our wood work and antique furniture was drying out.

I know of some people that pour water on a large piece of carpet in the garage to bring up the humidity level in the winter. They have a barometer to monitor the levels, and just add when they see the levels dropping.

Jeff

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
For most of the winter it is less 45% but the dehumidifier does run a couple of times a month. I have never thought about adding moister to the garage. I have been trying to figure out what level is a good level for the garage and the GT.

We do have a humidifier for the house to keep the moisture levels at a comfortable level and safe for the wood.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Average room moisture levels s/b around 50%...