How to identify the "engine #" for my GT?

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Hi

I'm in process to complete an application to a car show...., in addition to the chassis #, the application asks for Engine #... Would someone advise where might I find such info on my car?

thx

GTED

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Wish I be of help.
Wow.....what a hardcore show! Are they afraid your GT is not authentic?!?!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What is a "chassis number?" Maybe they're looking for matching numbers. Give them the VIN for whatever they ask for.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'm not sure where the "Engine Number" is located but the VIN number is stamped into the top of the Bell Housing on the Transaxle, in addition to being on the left front side of the dashboard and the sticker in the Drivers Door Well. They should all be the same, unless one has been replaced (some transaxles have been replaced). Perhaps Rich Roback or the GT Guys know where it is stamped on the Engine as I couldn't find it in any of the manuals. The "Chassis Number" is the number on the front of the dashboard.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The question is being asked with respect to older vehicles, e.g., 1965 Mustangs. The VIN number is probably the most accurate number for the Ford GT.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston

Last edited:

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
The engine number is stamped(or etched) on the back of the engine block just below the head on the left side of the engine, you may have to look around the anti roll bar, a good light and you will see it.

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
Ed, where's the car show?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Ed, ultrasport racing is correct. it is on the back of the block just below the head. same number shouild be on top of the transaxle by the trans. mount insulator. heh don't forget, the GTs are now older vehicles!!! Happy 10th anniversary!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...in addition to the chassis #, the application asks for Engine #...

'Almost sounds like some kind of law enforcement ruse to catch car thieves/chop shop operators, duzzunit.

No car show entry form I've ever filled out (or even seen) has asked for a chassis or engine number. 'Been asked for a license plate # once in a while...

Just out of curiosity, what type of/who's sponsoring/where is this car show anyway?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
'Almost sounds like some kind of law enforcement ruse to catch car thieves/chop shop operators, duzzunit.

No car show entry form I've ever filled out (or even seen) has asked for a chassis or engine number. 'Been asked for a license plate # once in a while...

Just out of curiosity, what type of/who's sponsoring/where is this car show anyway?

I was thinking exactly the same thing EP!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Guys

Thanks for the input!
The application is for the Concours On The Avenue in Carmel-by-the Sea on Tuesday of the Car Week in August. This concours normally is for vintage cars thru the early 70s. One of the organizers is a good friend of mine, who is adding a new group (modern exotics) to the Concours, and he asked if I would display my Heritage GT.
Since I'm doing him a favor, as advised, I'll simply put in the VIN and see...

thx,

GTED

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Look on your Certificate of Authenticity
Hi

I'm in process to complete an application to a car show...., in addition to the chassis #, the application asks for Engine #... Would someone advise where might I find such info on my car?

thx

GTED

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I knew I should have ordered one....!

Look on your Certificate of Authenticity

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Hi

thx

GTED

Give me the year and last four VIN numbers and I'll give you the engine #.