How much for insurance?

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Just wondering how much you guys are paying and with which insurance companies. We have alot of vehicles here at Accufab (trucks, Mustangs, trailers, other cars, etc.) and even our multi vehicle policy, and with no claims, my insurance company is telling me that insurance for me on a new GT will be $3K every six months. Is this the going number or is my guy smoking rope?

John M.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Smoking rope. Mine's $900 a year with a bad (speeding) record with State Farm. I do have 7 other cars/house/etc. insured with them. There is an old thread on this.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
John,
Your insurance is about right because your agent knows you will be running 2000+ HP on this car. :lol As for me, I have Wawanesa Insurance and pay about $700 a year, full coverage w/ 5000 miles a year limit. The only catch is that they will cover only $80,000. I'll look into State Farm also and see what they can do.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
John,
I was paying through Grundy $1300 per year, moved to State Farm for $700 per year. However, with all the wrecks people are having expect State Farm will rate the heck out of the car and I will be back in the good hands of Grundy.
Cheers,
daniel

p.s. love my exhaust :banana

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
I think I pay around $1500 a year with Geico. I have a clean driving record (knocks on wood), but I'm only 27.

H

HHGT

Hi John, Allstate here and $1800 per year. Call Ron Kastner (909) 392-2312 and tell him Sam sent you.

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
I pay $1100 a year with a few speeding tickets from shelter insurance. Covered for the replacement cost of car, and can drive it one million miles if I wished (more like if I had the time). I have my home and 6 other cars through them. I would check around. My 2 cents...

joe

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I pay $1600 through Haggerty. I was originally insured through state farm however there was a milage limit and if the car is totaled the amount received will be a depreciated value (used car with milage) along with a deductable from state farm (no milage limit or deductible with haggerty and stated price is what is paid)

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
USAA

I pay 1200 per year, but have my house and five other cars on the policy. I also have a 20 year old daughter on the policy. I have a 1,000 deductable. No limit on the car except it is actual cash value, which might pose a problem. USAA insures only officers or former officers (and their dependents) of the military. They also build up a subscribers savings account and if they have a good year, they make a nice deposit into this account. When you drop your policy or die, then that money goes to you or your beneficary. I have been with them since my flying days, 1972. So my account is fairly hefty.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I also pay $1,200 with USAA set at 2,500 miles per year :biggrin and have 7 other vehicles with them including drivers of 22, 21 and 18 years old :willy

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
$1100, Geico, older guy with no accidents or violations, garaged in a nice neighborhood, driven <1,000 miles/year.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
GT costs me ~$1,500 yr w/ GEICO. One of seven cars with them and I have a 22 yr old in a TA and a 19 yr old in a Cobra R.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
GT Insured with USAA

$1,050/yr for GT with USAA with $1,000 deductable.
Also have many cars [9 of them, I think], home, ranch equipment, and investment properties with them.:willy
Also have 2 boys 23 & 22 yrs old covered on policy.:eek
Also wife [still on record with an accident], should improve next year if she don't do it again].:frown
My driving record is perfect [I attend driving school regularly to keep tickets off the insurance record].:bang

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Wow, I'm with Haggerty and I've got lots of cars with them and its about 2500 a year for the GT. Maybe I ought to start looking around. Thanks for the tips.
Tom

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
scylla6 said:
Wow, I'm with Haggerty and I've got lots of cars with them and its about 2500 a year for the GT. Maybe I ought to start looking around. Thanks for the tips.
Tom

Haggerty quoted me more than Geico.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Haggerty costs me $2500 a year and that renewal is due now. So... I think I will be calling around on Monday for some better rates. SoCal, 33, perfect driving record. Multiple cars/trucks. :confused

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
tmstunts#1233 said:
Haggerty costs me $2500 a year and that renewal is due now. So... I think I will be calling around on Monday for some better rates. SoCal, 33, perfect driving record. Multiple cars/trucks. :confused

Yes but Tim, what do you put down for "occupation"? :lol

I had Progressive for my Viper and GT and it was $4,800 a year! :ugh

Responded to a postcard from State Farm who has my house and wants my other business (like they all do) and got $1,400 a year for both, $1,000 deduct, no mileage limits. I've had a few tickets...

Very happy! Happy hunting!

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
I think alot of you need to call a shelter insurance agent near you. I am 26 with speeding tickets with unlimited miles, $2,000 deduc, actual replacement cost of my GT and I only pay $1146 a year. Replacement cost = what the appraisal value is. My 2 cents once more.

joe From colorado springs, co