How Loud Is Too Loud?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
14K! The sum of mileage EP entire fleet over his lifetime wouldn't add up to 14K.

:skep Okay. NOW yer pushin' it! :mad

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
No such thing as too loud!

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
...or piss your neighbours off.

If you are already half deaf then the Accufab is just incredible....
The Accufab is just perfect for those 4:30am starts to Wilton House etc eh Matteo? :wink

We live on the top 2 floors of a 6 story apartment block with the GT in an underground garage below that. The other half says she can still hear the GT start when she's in the top rooms :eek It does quieten down a fair bit when it warms up, but that's no consolation to the neighbours that live right above it. I have thought about pushing it out into the street, but it's an old warehouse area so it echos around the streets anyway.

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
BoatRacer, let us know what part of the Country you are in and maybe we can find someone near you with the Heffner. We have installed a couple of dozen of them - and I can only tell you that we never had someone with any regrets.

I concur... no regrets... thanks Kendall

BoatRacer

GT Owner
Apr 14, 2009
Thanks again for all your input. Just got the car back from Jason's shop. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet due to rainy conditions but it sounded great backing out of the trailer.

Last edited:

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
The Accufab is just perfect for those 4:30am starts to Wilton House etc eh Matteo? :wink

We live on the top 2 floors of a 6 story apartment block with the GT in an underground garage below that. The other half says she can still hear the GT start when she's in the top rooms :eek It does quieten down a fair bit when it warms up, but that's no consolation to the neighbours that live right above it. I have thought about pushing it out into the street, but it's an old warehouse area so it echos around the streets anyway.
And everytime you fire it up, the other men in the building think to themselves, "Damn, I want to be that guy"

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
About a ¼ mile from my home, in the "Village at Mammoth" is a Ski Shop (The Ski Surgeon) owned by John Eisner and his wife. Often when I cruise by his store in the summertime, I'll rev the engine a few times, 'cause I know he enjoys hearing the car (M-9430-GTX Rear Exit Headers).

He once told me that his wife was in the store when I did it, and asked him, "Why does he have to do that when he goes by?"

John's answer was classic -

"Because He Can!!"

:cheers

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
"Because He Can!!"

Your story brings a tear to my eye.....:biggrin

MD530F

May 16, 2006
Paradise Valley, AZ
I have a TUBI. Not too loud but a nice upgrade over stock. Takes one scotch and one cigar to install. No need to remove the clam shell. Nice workmanship, very light, easy to re-install the factory exhaust if you wanted. Neat looking tips.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Got any pix? Not sure I have seen the Tubi....

I have a TUBI. Not too loud but a nice upgrade over stock. Takes one scotch and one cigar to install. No need to remove the clam shell. Nice workmanship, very light, easy to re-install the factory exhaust if you wanted. Neat looking tips.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...a slight correction...

"Because He Can - and he WANTS to!!!

Aug 25, 2006
...a slight correction...

Confirmed; very well I might add

Shadowman

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
because it is RED in CA.

it must be King Ralphie's exhaust.

only a King should have this exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLQLWzmHs8&feature=PlayList&p=B80BC424879B2CF4&index=68

I am proud to own this same exhaust.

It really makes me smile every time.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
because it is RED in CA.

it must be King Ralphie's exhaust.

only a King should have this exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLQLWzmHs8&feature=PlayList&p=B80BC424879B2CF4&index=68

I am proud to own this same exhaust.

It really makes me smile every time.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Which exhaust IS it??? (M-9430-GTX?)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Last edited:

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Too Loud? Huh, can't hear ya! Jus kidding.

I bought a used accufab exhaust, not the true x-pipe, from Stormcat. He had wrapped with exhaust temp wrap and I think it helps with the droning. But, I LOVE IT!!!!
It is nice and semi-quiet when you start and are at idle. Yet, it will let em know your coming when you put your foot in it. My cobra buddies all love it when I blast past them. I was told by some of the guys from the cobra club that came out to watch us that thursday at the mile, that mine was one of the better sounding at high rpm's. But, what the heck do they know, they are all truely deaf from the sidepipes.:rofl:rofl

Side Note;

We came over from Houston to spend Thanksgiving with the family at Lake Travis yesterday. We arrived in Austin alittle early and the wife had some shopping to do, so my 16 yr old and I decided to play 9 holes of golf. We were putting on the 2nd green at Lions Muni Golf Course when we both stopped and said at the same time, What is that? We heard a great sounding car leaving the stop light about 100 ft from us but couldn't see it for the tree's. As it came into the open, SILVER GT!!!! Wow, did it sound good. The exhaust in that area of Austin, About 5 miles from the Hotel we stayed in Austin for the Rally, resonates from the sides of the hills around the lake. We watched him leave thinking about our car in the garage in Houston and dreaming. BTW-The guy we were playing golf with at this time thought we were crazy.
Was it SilverBullet? Who was the GT playing around Lake Austin Blvd yesterday around 3:45. We also heard you come back about 45 mins later, and we were on the other side of the golf course.:rofl

Chip, For those that don't live in Austin yet, The Motto for the city is "KEEP AUSTIN WIERD" my son and I were laughing when a few mins after the GT passes we see a hand painted PINK Opel Cadet. The 16 yr old laughes and says "Only in Austin would you see a Ford GT and pink Opel on the same street"

Larry Boatner HAPPY THANKSGIVING"

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! :thumbsup :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bullit's car is tungsten with stripe.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I've got 14K on my Borla, mostly highway, 6 track events, no problems. Knock on wood.

I know a local GT owner who broke the welds on the Borla... I have seen Frank drive,,,,, he couldn't break a sweat !!!!!!!!:lol

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'll be damned if I didn't brake the baffles on the the hand welded Flowmasters last weekend. It is really amazing how much air these cars push.