Houston Cars & Coffee this Sat. the 3rd

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
This is from the C & C Website

Folks,

Summer's over, except frankly it's just as hot as it was in July. Nevertheless, on Saturday morning we'll be gathering at Vintage Park (Louetta & 249) for our monthly meetup. While there is a welcome chance of precipitation between now and the end of the week, it's expected to be sunny and, well... warm (surprise!).

A few items: We're now filling the main front parking lots of the Park. There is a lot of parking past the arch and in the internal streets of the center. Some of these areas are shaded, so please consider using them. Double parking (parking across the front of other parked cars) is against the center's policies, and makes it more difficult to get in and out of the parking spots. Also please do not park in handicap spaces unless you have a handicap placard.

We've never had a policy regarding "saving spaces" for cars or using more than one parking space per vehicle. Since we're now filling the lots to near capacity, common sense and good manners mean that unless that pal of yours is nearby and only a few minutes from pulling in, Coffee & Cars parking is still on a first-come basis.

Coffee & Cars Houston is a non- commercial gathering. The management of Vintage Park has asked us not to display banners, or advertising for profit and/ or non profit entities. This includes tents as well. There will be no products or services sold on the site. We are grateful for the opportunity to meet on the owner's property and respect their decision on this.

As usual we'll have signs, volunteers with badges on hand, and three HPD officers on duty as well as site security to help with traffic control. We will not tolerate reckless driving either before, during, or on exit from the site. Despite having had no incidents for the past several months, It is still the case that it will take only one person thoughtlessness to stop our ability to have Coffee & Cars.

Thanks to all of you for doing your best to keep the site free from trash and looking the same as we found it. The management of Vintage Park appreciates this and it shows that we care not only about our vehicles, but the environment we display them in.

For those of you who have not been able to make our previous gatherings, there are a number of tenants of Vintage Park who have graciously opened up early to make us welcome.

These include:

FOOD:
Coco's Crepes & Coffee - open at 6:30 am!
It's a Treat - opens 8 (or maybe earlier)
Mia Bella - open at 10 for brunch
Salata - open at 10 - salad bar
Starbucks - open at 6
Strata Restaurant & Bar - open at 8
Trio Prime Steakhouse & Bar - open at 7:30

CLOTHING:
All About Feet
Envi Boutique
La VeVee Couture
T. Carolyn Fashions
Asha Handcrafted Jewelry
Imagination Toys & Shoes

OTHER:
Alan Murphy Hair Salon
Inches-A-Weigh
La Portrait Boutique
Lone Star Tobacco
Signature Home Theatre
That Absolutely Fabulous Paper Emporium
Venetian Nail Spa
Vintage Wellness & Aesthetic Center
ZCOM Wireless

Finally, we know we're only reaching a small portion of attendees with these reminders. If you know of anyone who is coming out, or wants to come out, and would like to receive our (not too frequent) emails, please send me a note. Feedback is always appreciated, you may contact me by replying to this e-mail.

Hope to see you all Saturday morning,
Jorge Verdejo

Houston Coffee & Cars
www.houstoncac.com
facebook.com/coffeeandcars

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Hey Tug, how you been ? Wish I lived a little closer as it sounds like fun. We missed you in Temple for GT Joey and Nardo's around the world dinner

Steve

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Steve,

Getting my son moved into college these last two weeks has made me miss all the fun. How did the sale of the company go. Maybe we will see you again soon. You thinking of going to the Texas Mile?

Larry

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I understand your pain as we just moved oldest daughter to Dallas and SMU ! The sale went well as it's been 14 months now and going well. I will maybe go to the Mile even if to spectate.