Hot results at BJ Auction

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Silver car just sold for 378k inc premium. Is silver car just not popular?

$378k seems like a pretty strong number to me. In fact all sales in the past 9 months seem strong to me compared to a year or two ago. I was at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas in fall 2019 and an original owner Heritage sold for $295k and I felt sick. I was sad because not only did a Heritage sell for Sub $300 but it was a fellow forum member car.

It would seem that after summer of 2020 the prices on our cars have gone up, up, up. Who knows when the it will stop but in my opinion, our cars are still under priced when you compare them to similar cars such as a CGT. Only difference in my mind is that the CGT has 1270 units produce and the FGT has 4038 units and the CGT is $1 million. Our cars have a ways to go in my mind.

QSS

Reactions: extrap and HNS

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I think the 05 Silver car would have done better if it was located in the U.S vs Canada. Even though the car would not be subjected to import taxes,buyers for that kind of money are squimish about dealing with bureaucracy. The many questions in the comment section of The auction made that obvious.

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
The largest percent of active forum users are not sellers.
I’m not selling my GT either, was referring to other interesting cars. Maybe before it goes to BAT let us have a crack if it’s cool

Reactions: GKW05GT
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I think the 05 Silver car would have done better if it was located in the U.S vs Canada. Even though the car would not be subjected to import taxes,buyers for that kind of money are squimish about dealing with bureaucracy. The many questions in the comment section of The auction made that obvious.
A potential US purchaser who does not bid on or buy a Canadian car because they don't want to deal with "bureaucracy" is missing out big time! My modest 4 car collection have all been purchased in the US and brought up to Canada. Yes there's a bit of paper work and it can indeed be a bit of a challenge with out of country inspections but when I find what I'm looking for, I don't care if it's in Canada or the US. I have enough experience importing cars across the border that I don't even think about it.

QSS

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
You may have that experience, but others don’t. I found out the hard way what charges were assessed to cross the border when I bought a set of wheels.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
You may have that experience, but others don’t. I found out the hard way what charges were assessed to cross the border when I bought a set of wheels.
I'm curious, what were the charges? I assume the wheels were probably manufactured in the US so what sort of brokerage/import fees or government taxes where you asses with?

QSS