hoosier 4 sale

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Bought a set of hoosiers for the front and back last year designed for the Ford GT. Put maybe 700 miles on the tires. No track time but maybe 4-5 autocross days which is very little as far as tread wear goes. Slipped on bridgestones this year because of issues related to "street legal" tires so now I am selling the hoosiers. They are in perfect condition. If you are interested let me know.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Where are you located?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The Hoosiers are dot approved

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The Hoosiers are dot approved

I believe that the Hoosiers are DOT approved. From the NHTSB's website.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/TireSafety/ridesonit/brochure.html

That means they meet or exceed all Federal standards. Note that state or local laws may or may not be more stringent.

U.S. DOT Tire Identification Number
This begins with the letters "DOT" and indicates that the tire meets all federal standards. The next two numbers or letters are the plant code where it was manufactured, and the last four numbers represent the week and year the tire was built. For example, the numbers 3197 means the 31st week of 1997. The other numbers are marketing codes used at the manufacturer's discretion. This information is used to contact consumers if a tire defect requires a recall.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Dmitrios, subject to Chip's priority, I'm probably interested. Call me tomorrow or send me an email. 780.288.7359

In Canada too (as you know), so no border issues.

Cheers

Pro

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
location is in Canada

There is a stupid rider in my Province that states if the tire has written on it not for highway use or implies it (for track use only) they are not street legal.
They meet both the standards (DOT) and the highways act legislation.
(Location Canada north of North Dakota)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Dmitrios, subject to Chip's priority, I'm probably interested.
Pro

Canada's a bit far for me Pro. If they were in San Diego I would have one of my friends pick them up for me.

Chip

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I suspect potential buyers might want to know if they are A6's or R6's.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
They were r6

SOLD