Homemade 2006 Coupe Exhaust Mod

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
My genius son Garrett fabricated a really trick and inexpensive exhaust modification for my 2006 FE Coupe. He was able to remove about 24 pounds of weight by eliminating the cross-over pipes that run below and behind the cock-pit. The mod has dropped weight, drastically reduced the cockpit interior temperatures, improved exhaust flow, improved throttle response, and even enhanced the sound to make it more "basso-profundo". With only $65 in parts he elimated the cross-over pipes pictured and got rid of 9 feet of piping and all the angles that the exhaust gases had to travel through to exit. Plus, the stainless tips that he custom fabricated look great matching the polished FE wheels.

Attachments

• IMG00121.jpg
    IMG00121.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG00124.jpg
    IMG00124.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 430
H

HHGT

Tim, you should call Bernie from BJMotors.biz and let him know. He moves quite a bit of Vipers and it may work out for your Son...

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim, you should call Bernie from BJMotors.biz and let him know. He moves quite a bit of Vipers and it may work out for your Son...

Thanks, I just referred another forum member to him who purchased a GT from him. He's well known in the Viper world.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Tim,
Looks great. :thumbsup You must be proud.

John

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Maybe I should fly him to Florida to do this mod on my FE coupe! Nice. :thumbsup

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Maybe I should fly him to Florida to do this mod on my FE coupe! Nice. :thumbsup

I'm afraid I will never let him grow up and move away, as he is my "Right-Hand-Man". He is now fabricating a system for my Lotus. It's great having him around. You'll see him at the rally. (I think he's more excited about the rally than me!)