High Beam Indicator Light Not Working

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
My high beam indicator light does not work. I looked in the service manual and found it is commanded on and off by a control module. So, it looks as though the bulb is burned out or is not getting voltage from the module. I read on prior posts that the light is part of a circuit board. Anybody have any experience in replacing the light or LED on the circuit board? Or, simple fixes for this?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Mine went out after replacing tach. Have not had a chance to see if a loose wire or bulb orLed problem.
When I replaced tach, would not work, had to have Ford tech “ reboot” it with a PC. Hopefully did not cause a problem with a relay or “ mother board”. I hear those are quite costly!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I'd like to make mine go out, or at least dim--it's too damn bright at night.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If You can still find some, an old xray film cut to fit works great.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
If You can still find some, an old xray film cut to fit works great.
Can't stand these old MD's!
All they do is pontificate about what "might" work.
Lol, "old" is not always bad!
Best,
Mark

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Can't stand these old MD's!
All they do is pontificate about what "might" work.
Lol, "old" is not always bad!
I can relate to this:
At the end of the first half of one's career, one has learned very much, has become very smart and knows mostly everything. Very valuable.
During the second half of one's career, one begins to identify/realize all that one does not know. Beyond value.
Warning - this will be incomprehensible to those in the first half.

Last edited:

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I can relate to this:
At the end of the first half of one's career, one has learned very much, has become very smart and knows mostly everything.
During the second half of one's career, one begins to identify/realize all that one does not know. Very valuable.
Amen!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
In second half of career , one can rely on personal experience, much of it cannot be taught only lived!!
Especially in medicine, knowing when “ to stop”!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Rather then pulling the instrument panel out again, I like the low tech solution.

And as for the first half/second half of careers, that applies to most careers. I'm pretty sure. But what do I know? I've only had 3 or 4 of them...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I can relate to this:
At the end of the first half of one's career, one has learned very much, has become very smart and knows mostly everything. Very valuable.
During the second half of one's career, one begins to identify/realize all that one does not know. Beyond value.

Dunning-Kruger effect? Unfortunately it has become the cultural Norm for America.

Dunning–Kruger effect - Wikipedia

My high beam indicator light does not work. I looked in the service manual and found it is commanded on and off by a control module. So, it looks as though the bulb is burned out or is not getting voltage from the module. I read on prior posts that the light is part of a circuit board. Anybody have any experience in replacing the light or LED on the circuit board? Or, simple fixes for this?

Did you ever find the solution? I am suffering the from the same problem. Swapped out my smalls a couple years ago but noticed the high beam indicator is now out yesterday.

Last edited:

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
I have not determined the problem. After seeing complaints about it being too bright, I figured not worth the effort to remove the dash. The boost gauge was replaced by the previous owner, maybe they did something?
I don't know if it is a replaceable bulb, or an LED on a circuit board. Both, should be replaceable.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I had that issue with my 06 tungsten discovered by Rich when he did the PPI for the buyer. He quoted me $4,000 for the board so I used one from my grabber blue GT and the buyer got the working version. Mine is still broken but not something I care to ever fix. Maybe someone will find the solution other than buying a new part from Ford.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yeah, I would rather spend my $4,000 on something else if that is the only thing I am missing out on.