herky jerky speedo

Swazi

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 9, 2006
Northern California
i have a early 06 build tungsten.

i noticed the speedometer has a slight "jerk" in it when slowing down close to zero.

no jerk when speeding up from zero.

just wondering if this is normal behavior.

also would appreciate it if someone can change me to owner from spectator.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Congrats on the new car Monk! I was at the dealer when you picked it up. That must have been a great 300mi. first test drive. I wonder if I had the same "Christmas morning" look on my face when I got mine. :biggrin

Swazi

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 9, 2006
Northern California
stevea, the drive was awesome. much better to start off with 300 mile drive to accelerate the break in process. still have the smile on my face too.

06car33

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2005
Speedometer has a "jerk"

I also have a early 06 build tungsten Vin: 33

I also have noticed that speedometer has a "jerk" in it when slowing down close to zero, About the last 5 or so miles. The car is going in on Monday for a list of things I will let you guys know what happens.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
06 and monk... welcome, where are you guys located at?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
monk,

My 2005, #1877, does the same thing! I thought is was normal. Today I will try and video record anr/or use my new OBD-II data logger to see what the car "thinks" is going on so others may see what this problem looks like. I think that there are more cars like this, except you must be looking at the speedo, at just the right moment to notice this. Jay

06car33

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2005
Bay Area, CA

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
you guys are being WAY too anal...my does the same thing..at about 5mph...so what?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
LEMANSZ said:
you guys are being WAY too anal...my does the same thing..at about 5mph...so what?

I agree. Its becoming a little too much.

Dave

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
barondw said:
I agree. Its becoming a little too much.

Dave

took my chair-women of the bod to Yosemite today, lunch at the Ahwahnee hotel, hardly any traffic, did dodge a deer or two./././... never got below 20mph so I didn't notice the herky jerky speedo... we had to much fun.
She is in the garage detailing the GT.....not, just dreaming for a minute :biggrin

Hey GT-Joey, just discovered some vintage lock deicer and my ice scrapper from my Chicago days, should I Fedex'em to you buddy? :biggrin :lol :wink

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I think that you guys are missing his point. He's trying to see if this is normal behavior. If my car did that and everyone else's didn't, then it goes back to the dealer for repair.