Heritage wanted

H

HHGT

OK Sam. I'll send you a picture of my Heritage after I find an inexpensive GT in need of a repaint. It will be a real Heritage with the factory paint code, just not an original Heritage...but the repaint will be show quality, and I'll keep it forever and have less than original msrp invested.

Kirby, where you been buddy? Are you coming out to SoCal this summer?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
nice thread hijack. lol

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I know the OP mentioned that he wanted a private party sale and not one on retail but just wanted to post quickly that in my experience, there is a lot of benefits and peace of mind to working with someone who specializes in sourcing these cars, and delivering them exactly as promised.

Might it cost a bit more, most likely as they are putting their money on the line to deliver a car to you that if it is not as advertised will be returned... it just depends if that is worth it to you.

When I buy a car myself, the few times I have not done a PPI I have been burnt. Something to keep in mind.

Whenever I have bought through an agent, I have the peace of mind to buy (THROUGH CERTAIN GUYS ONLY) sight unseen. To me that is worth a lot.

There are a couple sponsors on the forum specializing in this and a couple other guys out there that do as well.

When I lost my low mileage heritage, Shelby found a 300 mile original model in a couple of weeks "in the money"... I have seen 3 or 4 go through his website recently with low miles as well.

Just my $0.02 on something to consider.

Good luck with the search! :cheers

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Let me echo Ray' s comments. I would much rather buy from someone who specializes in a certain car and has skin in the game ie their reputation. It's like ebay we all gravitate towards the guy with 100 percent rating even if it costs a little more.

I have had mixed experience in private sales. On the other hand I have bought 7 Vipers and 3 GTs from a total of 3 dealers who specialize in these cars and never had a serious problem.

If I am shelling out 6 figures it is worth it to me to go to Shelby and not rely on BS like Carfax and similar reports that are very error prone. Guys like Shelby are in for the long haul and know their reputation is their greatest marketing tool. Shelby is also an enthusiast and I can tell you does not walk away after the deal. Any issue, large or small he will answer the phone and work with you. What is that worth?

Bornn66

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2010
Annapolis, Maryland
Thanks all for the words if advice and for those that did run some cars at me. Have my Heritage and looking forward to delivery after Rich does a few tweaks ...... BTW- bought sight unseen, but trusted instinct. Plus Shelby had sold the car prior. Now looking for a set of optional rims to buy or trade for my optional rims that are gulf orange. Thanks again!!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Congrat's.

Another Md. based GT. Hope to see it around one of these days.

Bornn66

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2010
Annapolis, Maryland
I'm in Annapolis. And my best fried has on here too. Now if I can only figure how to change from spectator to owner ;).

FrankR

Aug 27, 2009
near Brussels
Hi all,

without trying to change the subject, I had some questions on a heritage for sale in Germany:

http://www.autosalon-singen.de/en/fahrzeug89190019.html

The VIN of the car is 1FAFP90536Y400307 .

The car has about 5,500 miles and according to the salesperson has only driven in Canada and Germany.

Is anybody on the forum familiar with this car and its history? Anything a prospective buyer should know ? (damage history, upgrades done...).

It is one off the few heritage models for sale in Europe.

Best regards,
Frank

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
The number "5" in the VIN should be the letter "S" (probably just a typo). The car was a Dealer Stock order for the US market, and was built on 29-11-2005. It was built with a Mac, Black Calipers, and Optional wheels. Don't have any additional history on the car. Good luck in your search.

Jeff

FrankR

Aug 27, 2009
near Brussels
Hi Jeff,

thanks for the info, yes 5 should be an S, was not very readable at first but figured it out afterwards.... .
Good to know it was a US car, as it seems strange that seller claims it had been driven in Canada. From what I have been reading in the forum, it was close to impossible to import US cars to Canada... . Too bad it has the Mac option, not much use in EU.

Cheers,
Frank

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Just buy one and paint it if you really are just interested in the color scheme and not so much the appreciating value of the car years from now :)