Heritage 1658 Arrives

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Greetings and Happy Holidays to all. Exotic transport dropped off my Christmas present on Saturday, a brand new Heritage #1658 with 36 miles on the clock. I purchased the car new from Ford of Montebello in California. It was sitting on their showroom floor for what seems like forever. The dealer finally decided to sell the car at a reasonable price. This will be the 4th GT I have purchased. I was stupid enough to sell the rest including my old Heritage which I now had to spend way more cash to duplicate. I am not aware of another new Heritage at any Ford dealer but who knows how many are stashed away in the dealer's garages. A big "thanks for the help" goes out to forum members Rick430 who helped me find the car and Midnite Blu who checked the car out for me at the dealer (I live in Florida). The forum members are the best people. This is one Heritage that won't be leaving the stable any time soon. I have tried to live without a GT for a while but I just keep coming back. Moral of the Christmas tale - the GT is a milestone sportscar, keep it and enjoy it since you have a classic that looks as good as it drives.:banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
We have the best forum and members. Somebody always steps up.
Yup, the FGT is an amazing machine as is the owners group.
You might consider becoming a financial supporter of this forum and becoming a subscribed member :)

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Enjoy, Barry, all that work to reach this point with the Heritage will be worth the effort. We'll see you in Vegas @ Rally III George

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Congrats! Sounds like it worked out in favor for you. I am with Bony, Any contribution to the site would be very appreciated. I too think this is one of the best sites on the net, and I have been a supporting Vendor on more than one. Everyone treats people with the highest level of respect on this forum! LONG LIVE THE FGTFORUM! :banana

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
...This will be the 4th GT I have purchased. I was stupid enough to sell the rest including my old Heritage which I now had to spend way more cash to duplicate. ...

You have bought and sold three previous GTs, just to purchase a fourth? :eek You have peaked my curiosity, I just have to ask; why? That is, if you don't mind sharing... :cheers

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
Congrats Barry glad to see everything worked out. Now post some pictures.

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
Fourth Times a Charm

Why 4 and still going strong? Here goes and probably familiar to others as well. I've been a car nut forever and have tried most brands (GTO, Vette, Viper, Porsche, Ferrari). Just always looking for a new, bigger and better thrill.
I bought a new 05 Blue GT when they came out. When the Heritage came out I had to have one so that made two GTs in the garage. A short time later my 430 Spider came in and the wife said one of the GTs had to go. Traded the 05 GT in on the Ferrari. Sold the Ferrari six months later and wanted to find another Blue GT to drive as the Heritage was a garage queen in the wrapper. Found a great low mileage, one owner 06 Blue GT in New England and bought it. The market on the Heritage went crazy and I thought I would test the water on selling the Heritage. Sold the car in one day. Thought I was smart until after I sold the car and realized it was really gone. A couple of months ago the original owner of the 06 Blue GT called me and wanted to buy his car back in the worst way. I had no intention of selling the car but he was a great guy and was sick that he had sold it. I could identify with his misery. I told him that I was sad to sell my Heritage and that I would love to find another new one. In the end we struck up a deal and I sold him his car back (I love the blue color and really had a tough time letting the car go but as I sat in the garage looking at the car it seemed like the right thing to do). A couple weeks later the gentleman called me back and said that he had discovered a new Heritage at a dealer in California and that the dealer was ready to get sensible on his price. I called the dealer and after a week of negotiation and a whole lot of soul searching, I bought my 4th GT for way more money than I purchased the first three GTs. I have come to realize that I really love the GT styling and performance. This one will not be leaving the garage any time soon. These are truly classic cars and we are fortunate to be around to have the opportunity to own one. Never has a car so moved me and anyone else who sees it. It is one of only a few cars ever produced to have such a magnetic effect. So why buy a fourth GT? Because it took me a long time to figure out how special these cars are and how much I missed it when I didn't have one. Just sick I guess.....but now finally recovered:cheers

SPEEDGT

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2007
How Much Are Heritage Going For, If Anyone Knows Of A Low Miles Heritage For Sale Let Me Know

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
Wow great story, I can't see parting with my GT. Good Luck with your new car.

Mg

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
Heritage Pricing

A very low mileage Heritage (less than 500 miles) will cost in the $200 to $220range depending on where and who you buy it from. I remember purchasing my first Heritage at sticker and being way out of the money six months later as the Heritages seemed to be out of favor and selling at large discounts. Right now, any low mile GT seems to be selling for about $20k over original window sticker and Heritages for even more. The cars are gaining cult status and if you missed one the first time you can still get one but at a premium. Like any mass produced car (4000 GTs), the value will eventually go down because the industry (and even Ford) will come out with a better machine. But, I don't see that happening any time in the near future for the GT and that is why I threw in the towel and paid up for what I wanted and something which I could not easily find again. I suggest you give Shelby a call as he usually has a line on a few GTs that still may be in the hands of a private owner. I talked to him when I purchased my Heritage and would have bought from him but buying one still at the Ford dealer had a bit more allure. Tell him what you can afford and see what he can do for you. Also stay close to other Forum members as they usually are the first to hear when one comes up for sale. Expect to pay at least $200k. Good Luck.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
:cheers
Why 4 and still going strong? Here goes and probably familiar to others as well. I've been a car nut forever and have tried most brands (GTO, Vette, Viper, Porsche, Ferrari). Just always looking for a new, bigger and better thrill.
I bought a new 05 Blue GT when they came out. When the Heritage came out I had to have one so that made two GTs in the garage. A short time later my 430 Spider came in and the wife said one of the GTs had to go. Traded the 05 GT in on the Ferrari. Sold the Ferrari six months later and wanted to find another Blue GT to drive as the Heritage was a garage queen in the wrapper. Found a great low mileage, one owner 06 Blue GT in New England and bought it. The market on the Heritage went crazy and I thought I would test the water on selling the Heritage. Sold the car in one day. Thought I was smart until after I sold the car and realized it was really gone. A couple of months ago the original owner of the 06 Blue GT called me and wanted to buy his car back in the worst way. I had no intention of selling the car but he was a great guy and was sick that he had sold it. I could identify with his misery. I told him that I was sad to sell my Heritage and that I would love to find another new one. In the end we struck up a deal and I sold him his car back (I love the blue color and really had a tough time letting the car go but as I sat in the garage looking at the car it seemed like the right thing to do). A couple weeks later the gentleman called me back and said that he had discovered a new Heritage at a dealer in California and that the dealer was ready to get sensible on his price. I called the dealer and after a week of negotiation and a whole lot of soul searching, I bought my 4th GT for way more money than I purchased the first three GTs. I have come to realize that I really love the GT styling and performance. This one will not be leaving the garage any time soon. These are truly classic cars and we are fortunate to be around to have the opportunity to own one. Never has a car so moved me and anyone else who sees it. It is one of only a few cars ever produced to have such a magnetic effect. So why buy a fourth GT? Because it took me a long time to figure out how special these cars are and how much I missed it when I didn't have one. Just sick I guess.....but now finally recovered:cheers

One of the best stories ever. I laughed, cried, and finished reading thinking that I am not so crazy after-all.

Thanks for the post.:cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks for letting us in on your story. I'll bet there are a bunch of similar stories out there (though with fewer GTs involved). :cheers

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Thats awesome!! These cars are truely one of a kind! Congrats on your GT being back home with you!:cheers

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Since it was a heritage again, still going to be a garage queen or are you going to drive?

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
I, too, left the GT fold and returned. It's strange; the GT is so incredibly great that sometimes one does not appreciate it until it's gone.

For me, the second time around has been even sweeter. Words cannot describe the unique experience of driving a GT.

As the car guy world comes to appreciate the GT for what it is, the prices will only get higher...

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
You did good! Congratulations..... and please....don't let this one slip away!

gtx1

GTX1 Owner
Apr 5, 2006
Congrats from a fellow Orlando Gt owner !!!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I LOVE hearing this story? It was waaaaay cool of you to sell that blue one back to another GT owner with seller's remorse (especially since you could relate to him).

I would so love to get a Heritage to go along with my '05 Blue, but finances, garage space and marital stability don't allow it (she's already let me have four toy cars and three toy motorcycles, so I guess she's done her part...:wink). But hearing that someone such as yourself just got a new Heritage makes me happy, especially after the journey you've been through.

We are slowly-but-surely seeing these cars transition from the folks who wanted to simply experience the GT into the hands of "GT-Lifers" (such as myself). And I'm pretty sure there are more than 4,038 of us on the planet. This means eventually the cars will all be in the hands of lifers, and then you just watch what happens to prices! :cheers

Not that it will matter to Lifers, because the essence of being a GT Lifer is never selling it, so "market value" is simply a theoretical number that doesn't actually mean anything to us. :thumbsup