Hennessey upgrade?

afirebrand

Nov 4, 2019
Coudersport, PA
Finally getting my new 06 black with white stripes delivered in 3 days. Its getting Expel and will then be ready for the road. Hopefully Ill get a chance to drive it a little before snow sets in in earnest. I'm intestered in maybe doing a Hennessy upgrade over the winter while I cant drive it here in the northeast. Has anyone done this? Any pros/cons?

The car only has 4k miles on it but I intend to use it as a daily driver since its much more reliable than my other exotics. Any thoughts?

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Call Rich. THE GT GUY

Reactions: jaxgt and steved57

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Consider GT Guy pulley and tune kit. A great upgrade in horsepower that does not compromise engine integrity.

afirebrand

Nov 4, 2019
Coudersport, PA
Consider GT Guy pulley and tune kit. A great upgrade in horsepower that does not compromise engine integrity.
Good advice. How do I contact him?

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Good advice. How do I contact him?
The GT Garage LLC,
RICHGTGUY@GMAIL.COM
734-658-9498

Reactions: Iconic GT

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I have the GT Guy pulley and tune, and cross pipe. The cross pipe is definitely the icing on the cake, gives the car the sound it needs, while at the same time, lowers the temperature in the engine bay considerably, and it's significantly lighter in weight!!!

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have the GT Guy pulley and tune, and cross pipe. The cross pipe is definitely the icing on the cake, gives the car the sound it needs, while at the same time, lowers the temperature in the engine bay considerably, and it's significantly lighter in weight!!!
I 100% agree...GTG pulley/tune, Heffner pipes

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I had a previous tune/pulley and switched to the Torrie tune...a vendor on this site. I would compare options. https://www.unleashedtuning.com/ford-gt-sct-x4-2-8-pulley-package/

Also consider trans cooler sold by nota4re cooltechllc.com and catch can by Shadowman. All vendors and Forum members.

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
I also agree...GTG pulley/tune, Heffner X pipe, love it!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
GT GUY!!!
Rich is awesome!!

Tomcat

GT Owner
I had a previous tune/pulley and switched to the Torrie tune...a vendor on this site. I would compare options. https://www.unleashedtuning.com/ford-gt-sct-x4-2-8-pulley-package/
I believe GTGuys use Torrie tune (at least they did for my set-up with Accufab throttle body) in their offering (in 2014 or 2015). Torrie is THE computer guy! He helped another (non-forum) GT buddy clear (and keep it off) a check engine light due to "modified" long-tube headers.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My gt guy pulley and tune from 2011 which included the accufab throttle body would not pass obdii emissions because it disabled catalyst o2 and egr readiness. It passed Colorado rail pipe tests with flying colors but wouldn't pass CA or NV obdii. If you have emissions testing be sure it will work

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
First off congratulations!

Rich Does use the Torrie tune. Rich‘s H pipe is phenomena! Another consideration is lowering the car 1” in back and 3/4“ in front. Handles great nice stance as well.

You May want to check the date codes on the tires. I bought my car and the car has 4000 miles as well, Tires had a 1000 Miles but were 8 years old. Change the belts and fluids as well!

Lastly, warm the tires and keep it between the lines! Enjoy!!!!

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

Tomcat

GT Owner
First off congratulations!

Rich Does use the Torrie tune. Rich‘s H pipe is phenomena!
Ps-Rich (Brooks) = GTG = GT Guy(s)

Reactions: Iconic GT

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
All above is great advice.
Congrats on the car!
Best,
Mark

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I would recommend the pulley/tune from Torrie. There's simply no advantage of going anywhere else. Torrie has more GT tuning experience than anyone on the planet, hands down.

In terms of exhaust, we'd highly recommend the Heffner as being the best exhaust in the business. We're doing 3 GTs successively with the Heffner - and the build quality, fit and fitment is just exceptional.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmcphail

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Also installed Heffner on 05, love sound and craftsmanship. Now want one for 19

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have a brand new 4.5L Whipple FS if you want to get more aggressive than a pulley/tune...

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
FGT899 what are you asking ?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
@CampoLady

FGT899 what are you asking ?