Help with my GT 500 order!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Help guys!

There are some of you that know a lot more about this than I do. I have a dealer that has a GT 500 on order but he can not give me a definitive, or even about then, time the car will be delivered. I want the car and am ready to give a deposit but do not want to wait 2-3 months to recieve it. There is another one, about 4K more expensive that I can get now. Patience is not one of my virtues. I am including his last e-mail to me and a copy of the info on the list he references. The car has a vin# and has a 5/22 ramp date (whatever that means). Help if you can!

"I'm checking on it. My General Manager says early June, but I have my fleet manager digging in deeper to see if he can get something more definite. I've been doing this for 12 years and this has always been the case for the Shelby's. Attached is a copy of our tracking list, if you look about a quarter of the way down and it has the Mustangs listed with the VIN of the Shelby - each of the other Mustangs has an estimated arrival date, but the Shelby says TBD. In fact the lady that orders the cars has never heard of a build sheet, so we are all scratching our heads! But anyway our fleet manager has an inroad at the railroad so he is seeing what he can find..."

Recpt Date 04/04 Schd Date 05/14 Status Date 05/22 Rail Car ETTX702802 Ramp CO 05/22 Ramp ETA 05/22 Dl WK TBD

Everything looks good except the Del Week is TBD. The other vehicles on the list have a delivery date usually 6-8 days after the ramp eta.

Anybody know how to decipher this info?

Thanks in Advance

Larry Boatner

Last edited:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
My friend that has an order in was given a delivery date of August - December. He was just happy to get one.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I think they were making a mod. to the steering system on some Mustangs. Maybe reason for TBD, Check back with dealer in a week or so for an update. But as far as i have heard they are rolling out and yours will probably be delivered next several weeks.

The VIP's are just getting there GT500's in this last week.

Or maybe one of the inside guys can give you a better timetable.

I am just a lowly dealer.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Larry, With a designated rail car # the dealership can call rail and tract the location of the designated rail car. Usually dates mean (the week of, anytime during that week). Car released to rail ramp the week of 5/22. Not sure what rail time to convoy yard is today, as I've been out of it for 4 yrs. ( wow time passes when your having fun). Use to take about 3-4 weeks for delivery---but not sure today. Best I can Do larry. Tomy