Help with Ford Waranty

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Can't get anywhere with a legitimate warranty claim I submitted to th elocal Ford dealer on my Focus ST-

My headliner delaminated where it meets the front windshield (the whole length). Local Ford dealer will not honnor the claim without an OK from Ford Warranty people (but agrees it's a defect). Ford Warranty declined the claim. Local dealer submitted an appeal, FW denied the appeal- Ford customer service can't overrule the denial from FW. Car is 2 years old at baout 13K miles. FW is saying this is not a defect, it's a result of an "outside source". This runaround is making seriously re-think my order on the GT350 and the RS.

BTW, there's no talking to FW people according to Ford Customer Service, only dealer can e-communicate with them and their ruling apparently is not subject to escalation to a higher power for review :rofl. Please help if possible ? Thanks.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
These Warranty scenarios are disturbing to say the least.

Seem very contrary to what Ford is saying it wants the Company to be.

Good luck.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Terrible service after the sale. The dealer is actually on my side but can't help without the authorization from Ford, some of the dealer appeal language on the 2nd round:
" .... we have compared the headliner to multiple other vehicles & they all appear to have similar issues..." and still no go by Ford.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Keep pressing on. Request a meeting with service engineer from Ford. Let them see it in person.

It is sad we dealers have lost almost all authority.