Has anyone actually seen one?

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Hello all.... I'm a newbie here to this forum.

Seriously considering a purchase of a GT now that prices are becoming more realistic... but I just can't stand the thought of the 4K radio option, particularly when I listen to AM Talk 99% of the time.

Has anyone seen a GT built without the upgraded sound system.. every one I've seen seems to have it, along with the upgraded wheels, which I don't particularly care for either.. :ack

Is my only option to find a dealer to order me a car without the bling?

btw... I'm happy to be over here, lots 'o good info posted in these forums. :biggrin

mardyn

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
mardyn said:
Is my only option to find a dealer to order me a car without the bling?

Yes. If you ever found one on the lot without the Crapintosh, it would have the upgraded wheels on it anyways.

Get in touch with some dealers, and don't be fooled into paying a premium for a ordered car.

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
non - mc

Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

• Yellow10.JPG
    Yellow10.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Yellow11.JPG
    Yellow11.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 72

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Did you have to special order your car?

btw.. looks great! I'm envious :biggrin .

mardyn

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
Thanks. Yes, mine was ordered. I preferred not to have the subwoofer between the seats. I had to wait about 10 months till the standard radio option was available. First productions were only Mc units.

If you let the Mc stop you from getting one, you'll regret it. As everyone will tell you the GT’s an awesome vehicle.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Has anyone heard both systems? I know 4 k is lots of $, and you can probably get a much better aftermarket system, but the Mcintosh sounds pretty good to me. Furthermore, the brand was amongst the best in the 60s ( still highly prized by audiophile purist) so perhaps Ford went along with this system as it completes the whole nostalgia thing.
Hell what do I know?- I'm partially deaf from listening to loud music anyways.

Manny
driving#1418 in Sunny South FL
(had to throw this in for you snowbirds) :lol

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Mardyn- I do realize that you listen to am mostly. Me? NPR.
Come to think of it though, never in the gt.

Anyways, - just curious about the sound quality between the 2 offerings.

Manny 1418

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Yea, if I find the right deal, it won't matter which radio it's got in it.... I could deal with the extra bling bling if the price is right.

I missed a deal on an '05 w/radio upgrade, standard wheels, red/white stripes about two months ago. It was offered to me at 160K, I offered 150K hoping to end up in between somewhere.... negotiations stalled and the car disappeared :confused

I'm gonna' keep lookin', one will turn up at some point. :biggrin

mardyn