Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Now that one looks seriously hard hit.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Ouch. Hope the driver / passenger are ok.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Ditto - Were going to be my exact words!

Really hate to see that.

Perhaps anything can be repaired, but this seems borderline. Do you think with today's selling prices that it is worth someone trying to fix it? It would be one hell of a parts bill and a tremendous amount of labor. Wow! ( And what kind of a price would a car with that background command? )

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Probably will be used as a donor parts car...

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Doubt even Performance Auto Sales would take on this rebuild. Agree that this looks like a parts car that X2 might take.

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I would say that the repair would not be too difficult, but the parts prices would KILL the repair estimate, even if someone could find all of the parts this one needed. Probably 25,000 in labor and 100 grand in parts

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Where do I get one of those shifters?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

did you insure this car??

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Looks like it was rolled or slammed front and rear into a wall. Every panel, both doors, etc. are out of alignment and/or bent. Said the suspension and frame are also bent. I doubt you could find a single panel that could be used without repairing it first. Also said the engine won't turn over so it could be damaged. Might be able to salvage some of the interior parts. So sad that he ruined a 3400 mile car.

Last edited:

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
Ouch

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I would say that the repair would not be too difficult, but the parts prices would KILL the repair estimate, even if someone could find all of the parts this one needed. Probably 25,000 in labor and 100 grand in parts

A lot of race cars look like this after a race weekend - but still they are back on the track for the next race ...... that is if parts are available and at a reasonably affordable price ....... which they are not for the FGT at the moment.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Wish I hadn't looked at that. Good reminder to be careful with the loud pedal.

(not insinuating that the driver of this particular car did anything wrong, I don't have any idea what happened)

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
$45K and the reserve has not been met:screwy:

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
Doubt even Performance Auto Sales would take on this rebuild. Agree that this looks like a parts car that X2 might take.

I have my sights on this car but I doubt what I want to pay would work considering what guys are paying for totals right now, this is definitely a Scott item but we will see and my intents are not to repair this car if I do purchase it :)

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
A lot of race cars look like this after a race weekend - but still they are back on the track for the next race ...... that is if parts are available and at a reasonably affordable price ....... which they are not for the FGT at the moment.

This wasn't a race car and therefore didn't have any extra reinforced roll bars around the frame, etc. They said the frame is bent, the suspension is broken in half, etc., etc. This 3400 mile car might be able to be converted to a race car, but it will need a new frame, maybe new engine, and new everything. Only thing that looks like it's worth salvaging is some interior parts like the radio which you won't need in a race car. This car is a total loss. He/she couldn't have done a better job at ruining almost every part. Such a shame.

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
come on Andy, you could fix that !!! I don't see a whole lot of good parts but maybe the drive train and some interior. hard to tell from pictures but even frame portions are a good part to have.

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
Looks like it was rolled or slammed front and rear into a wall. Every panel, both doors, etc. are out of alignment and/or bent. Said the suspension and frame are also bent. I doubt you could find a single panel that could be used without repairing it first. Also said the engine won't turn over so it could be damaged. Might be able to salvage some of the interior parts. So sad that he ruined a 3400 mile car.

and a piece of history never to be repeated!

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
Wow - I am speech-less (and that does not happen often)!

I have to take a minute and go out to my garage and huge my FGT......

LOL!

SGB

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I know that we all prefer the perfect no stories car, but crashed cars get rebuilt all the time. The frame might be damaged, but as with any other frame it can be put in a jig and repaired to just as new condition.

But I agree, the price and availability of parts really is a problem in trying to rebuild at a reasonable cost